Cream Puffs

CW: Death Threats, rape and suicidal thoughts mentioned

"Look Sam I'm really sorry for earlier" I see Selena pinch Tyler's shoulder.

"Ow" He looks back at her.

"And I'm really sorry about what I said to you. It was uncalled for and a really shitty thing for me to say" Rocket comes from behind my legs.

"Oh my god, Rocket has gotten so big" I then see Drew and Odessa walk to the front. Drew gets on his knees and starts playing with Rocket and Rocket seemed to remember him. Which is surprising because I got Rocket a couple months before me and Drew broke up.

"Well the last time you saw him he was like 4 months old" He laughed.

"True"

"Hey Sam" Odessa gives me this mean smirk. I never really liked her even when me and Drew dated. I always felt like she didn't like me and always felt she wanted to steal Drew from me. Well she succeeded.

"Hey Odessa, nice seeing you again" I say it in a very noticeable sarcastic voice. I heard Andy let out a little giggle so I knew she was somewhere in the group but I could also hear Matty's British voice. It sounded like they were flirting with each other. Which hurt a bit.

"I smell something baking. Watcha baking" Selena tries to change the topic.

"Cream Puf- Shit" I run to the kitchen because I forgot to turn off the stove with the cream filling cooking on it. Everybody follows including Rocket. I check and luckily nothing happened. Surprisingly it was the same as I left it. Just a bit warmer.

"Woo, that was a close one wasn't it Rocket?" I bend down and squish is cute little flappy cheeks like a old granny squeezing their grandchild's cheeks.

"What was a close one?" Andy asked while still laughing with Matty.

"Oh, I forgot to turn the burner off when I heard the door bell so I was scared that the cream filling burnt or something but luckily it didn't" I go into cabinet and take out the vanilla.

"That's good" Matty speaks.

"Yeppers" Why did I say yeppers. I pour some vanilla into the thick pudding without measuring it.

"Wait aren't you going to measuring the vanilla?" Matty questions me.

"I don't me-"

"Sam doesn't measure vanilla" Drew cuts me off and Odessa gives him a weird look.

"In her eyes, you can never add too much vanilla but you can add too little" He looks at me and gives me a soft smile.

"I've apparently haven't added enough vanilla to stuff multiple times"

"What can I say I like my vanilla" The oven timer goes off and I take out perfectly brown cream puffs.

"Those look delicious" Tyler steps closer towards me to get a better look at them.

"It seems like this isn't your first time making them" He looks me directly in the eye. I let out a laugh.

"Far from it. I've been making cream puffs for as long as I can remember"

"Really, that's cool"

"Yeah, some of my favorite childhood memories are me making them with my grandparents" He smiles.

"So how do you fill them exactly? I've always wanted to know how bakers do it without popping the puff"

"I don't know" I laugh.