08

Nate grinned at Chloe. "Three, two, one". Something clicked and instantly three metal spikes shot out of the alter. It was only Sully's quick reaction of ducking out of the way that saved his life. Two spikes hit the opposite wall across the room while the third buried itself into the man's backpack.

"Shit!" Sully glanced down at his bag then looked up, eyes narrowing on the rest of them. "Nice one, you almost got me killed".

"Clockwise Sully?" Nate shot back.

"Well it was fifty-fifty so I made a guess".

"A guess?" Chloe shrieked. "That could have been our heads". She turned to see Dante standing to the side and safely out of shot of any more spikes. "Did you know that would happen?"

"No", Dante shrugged as he smirked. "But Sully always sets a trap off. Better safe then sorry when turning keys".

"Urgh! This is why we never worked out", Chloe grumbled with visible frustration. "Fuck you and your smug face North".

"You've done that", Dante's smirk grew wider. Chloe responded with a raised middle finger.

"Enough with the flirting"- Sully sighed.

"We're not flirting", both Chloe and Dante snapped at the same time.

"I'm just antagonising her", Dante shrugged. "I'd much rather flirt with Nate", he winked at the other boy and grinned. "I'm a photographer and I can picture you and me together".

"That was like so bad", Nate laughed, one hand coming up to hide and spreading grin that was pulling on his cheeks.

"I've got more".

"Do they actually work?"

"I don't know, let me test them on you and see".

"Stop stop stop", Sully waved his hands around. "Just turn the goddam keys and try not to get anyone killed this time".

"I'm not doing it", Chloe muttered as she stepped away from the alter. "You go do it". She gave Dante's shoulder a shove. The curly haired boy shrugged and crouched down on level with Nate. He placed a hand on the blue and gold cross and nodded.

"Alright. One, two, three". They turned them and there was a cracking noise then a thud that made dust swirl in the air. The alter had shifted.

"Look at that", Sully grinned. "I was right the second time, huh".

"There seems to be an opening back here", Nate spoke as he stood up and peered around the altar. "Come give me a hand". Dante was on his feet and helping the other boy shift the heavy thing out of the way. Chloe stepping forwards to help too. The alter was much heavier than it looked and they all huffed as they moved it. "You wanna help Sully?" Nate grunted.

"Oh kid, I'm watching our backs. What if the nun comes down to get you?"

Something clicked and suddenly the whole altar was a lot more easier to move. A metal grate underneath now allowing it to slide out of the way to reveal a dark and cobweb filled stone passageway. Dante peered down, scowling at the dust and cobwebs. "Alright, we're making some progress, lets go". Sully stepped towards the corridor but Chloe held up a hand.

"No, wait. What does the book say?"

"Heaven and hell. One of us goes up while the other goes down", Nate glanced between them all.

"Exactly, I'll go down", Chloe shouldered her bag.

"I'll go with you".

"Me too", Dante voiced and stepped forwards at the same time as Nate. The two boys paused and stared at each other.

"Oh really", Sully looked at them with wide eyes, tone mocking. "That was quick. Are you two jus going to follow her down like puppy dogs?"

"What, need me to come with you and hold your hand?" Nate shot back.

"I'm not following her", Dante scowled. "I merely want to see what treasure is at the end of this long dark and spider filled tunnel".

"No need to fight over me boys", Chloe murmured sarcastically. "How about Alter boy comes with me, and the choir boy who's afraid of spiders goes up with Sully?" She smiled, voice sickly sweet.

"I'm not afraid of spiders", Dante huffed, glaring at her. "Merely wary of them".

"Wait, if you're afraid of spiders, why did you volunteer to go down?" Nate asked, a amused smile tugging on his lips.

The curly haired boy sighed. "Because my love for discovering treasure outweighs my wariness. Also, there would be much better shots down there".

"Tough North", Chloe stuck her tongue out at him as she grabbed Nate by the backpack and tugged him towards the tunnel. "Cause I'm taking Drake". Nate shrugged helplessly.

"Wait, Give me your cross", Sully waved his hand. "If you're done fighting over Nate like a chew toy".

"Why would I give you my cross?" Nate frowned.

"Cause I'm probably going to need it up there. You have your girlfriend's cross, don't you?"

"No, cause I've got it". Dante pulled the blue tipped cross from his jacket and flipped it in his hands as Chloe scowled. He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Give me your phone", Nate held out his hand. Dante blinked.

"Haven't you already got my number?"

"Not you, Sully".

"Why do you want my phone?"

"Come on. Don't you trust me?"

"I don't trust anybody, I thought I told you that", Sully huffed as he dug out his phone and handed it over.

"Oh my god. You have so many apps open. What is wrong with you?" Nate sighed as he fiddled with the object. Sully rolled his eyes. "Tinder, really?"

"I own that", Sully defended. Nate just grinned mischievously before handing the phone back.

"Here. Now you can track us. North. Give me yours". Dante handed his phone over and watched Nate do the same. "You have a nice background".

"Thanks. Took the photo myself", Dante grinned as his phone was returned.

"Try and stay on top of us, okay?" Nate reminded as he shouldered his bag.

"Have fun in the haunted tunnel", Sully cooed.

"We will".

"Watch out for spiders Nate. I hope one falls in your hair Chloe!" Dante called after them as the pair began to head down the stairs.

"Fuck you North!" Chloe's shout echoed back. Dante chuckled and tucked his camera away as he turned to follow Sully up to the sky and out of the church. 

unedited

two updates in one day. go me.