Let's play pretend

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

It felt as if the end of the summer bonfire had come quicker then I was expecting and honestly, I needed it to. I mean I was going to be a senior and then off to college I would go. Truthfully, the thought of that was scaring me. I don't know if I'm ready for it either, the real world. Everything in me screamed that I was not ready for the real world. I mean was anyone really 'ready' at the end of the day?

Anyway, it was the end of the summer bonfire which meant it was time to celebrate the beginning of a new grade, a new era if you will, all of us, tree hill high, kids get together and get drunk. We don't really know who started it but I always assume our parents and if not them then probably their parents.

I played with the necklace around my neck, tracing each petal. My brain was all over the place since my birthday. Davis's words replayed in my head, "I know you have feelings for Jamie.." Did I? I mean I did practically kiss him back but I couldn't possibly actually have feelings.

That wouldn't work. I mean Jamie just lost Madison not too long ago. He's my brother's best friend and my best friends' older brother. Feelings for him? Me having feelings him. I just can't. "Hey Brookie," I glanced up to Vivian. She stood next to me, a smile beaming from ear to ear but she still looked worried in a way. "Hey Vivi, what's up?" I shrugged. She sat next to me and stared at me, "What's wrong?" It was like she was reading me, her eyes tracing every inch of my face. She knew.

I sighed, she couldn't have known. I mean should I tell her? The thing is she is also friends with Jamie like really good friends. Her eyes still studying me and, though, I wanted to not say a thing. Just keep it all inside but, truthfully, I really don't know if I can keep this inside any longer. I need to talk to someone.

"I," I groan into my hands and slowly push my hair back, "I think I have feelings for Jamie." Vivian spit out her drink and laughed to herself, "You think?" I stared at her in shock. Why is everyone so sure about it but I'm not. " What do you mean? I literally just came to this conclusion."

She just laughed at me " Sweetie, anyone with eyes can see you both are all hot and bothered for one another." I stared blankly back at her. 'Both.' She said both. Did he like me?

" Both...No, hes...no. Viv, he just lost Madison and I'm 4 years younger than him. We're just.. No." She lifted an eyebrow at me and shook her head. A deep sigh escaped her lips, "Brooke, just because Jamie lost an epic love doesn't mean he can't love again. He's into you and even if he can't see it clearly right now, it's quite obvious. At least to me, doll. I think I know him fairly well to be honest."

I stared at her taking in all her words. Maybe she was right . "Viv, even if he does, I can't. I mean I'm so messed up and just it's not possible." She shrugged standing up, "Nobody is asking you to do anything. All I'm saying is don't shove it away. It might be meant to be. Who knows?" She giggled and I let out a sigh.

I needed another drink. Desperately. I got up walking away, I could feel her eyes stare after me. She really was reading me. It's like she was getting insight.

Vivian Morrello may be right, but I honestly couldn't think of that right now. I couldn't think about there being a possibility of Jamie and I. That would too unrealistic.

I sighed as I reached the keg, refilling my drink. I could see Olivia and Nick in the distance, they seemed to be butting heads. Olivia carried herself a certain way when angry and I knew what Nick looked like trying to get someone back. It was an odd scene for me to watch. I could hear music blasting from someone's car.

I felt numb to this. I felt like I shouldn't be here but I mean where else would I be. I took a deep breath as I stumbled off towards Olivia and Nick. I don't why I felt drawn to their clear distraught towards one another. My body just wandered that way.

I wonder where Lydia could be. I mean I'm surprised I haven't seen her yet. I groaned as I came upon a couple kissing. He had her pinned against a tree. How gross. I coughed, "Can't you two get in a car or something? Come on-" The guy pulled away from girl. "Are you jealous, Gatina?" I swallowed hard as I realized the guy was Easton Keller and the girl pinned against the tree was Lydia.

My face was getting hot. I thought Lydia said it was a one time thing. Lydia shoved Easton away, "Brooke, I-" I just stared at her. I thought she was done with the Kellers. Easton and Lance had put her through hell last year. Easton was my ex. Easton made Lydia's and I's friendship complicated.

I thought we were passed complication. I just stared at them. My mind racing with all these thoughts but truly I just couldn't care.
Lydia's hand held mine as she looked down at me.

I had no clue what she was saying or had said. I put on a smile and just nodded along. Her voice finally broke through my trance, "Are you okay?" I nodded, "Yes. I'm fine. I mean if that," I motioned my hand towards Easton, "is what you want then okay." Lydia lifted an eyebrow, "Brooke, if you're not okay with it-"

"I'm okay with it seriously I mean," I reached my arm out pulling over a guy who had light brown hair. He wasn't that tall but he was for sure taller than me. "I mean why would I care about Easton and you or anyone with anyone, I have someone." The guy raised his eyebrow at me and then just nodded.

He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me close, "Yeah, her and I are a thing." I smiled at this stranger nodding. Lydia laughed, "Brooke, why didn't you say Nathan and you were seeing each other?" I shrugged, Nathan? I guess that was his name. "Him and I are just ya know." Easton shook his head putting his arm around Lydia's shoulder, "Prove it, Gatina." Lydia elbowed Easton.

I bit my lower lip. Prove it, oh I'll prove it. I grabbed Nathan's face pulling him in and crashing my lips against his. Before I knew it I was being lifted up, my legs wrapped around his waist.

I opened my eyes through the kiss looking over at Easton and Lydia. Lydia gave me a thumbs up as Easton gawked. She dragged him off and I pulled myself off of this guy.

I pulled away from the kiss and was slowly put down. There was no true reason to that. I wasn't into to Easton Keller. I couldn't even remember most of him and I.

I watched him and my best friend fade away. I could hear a slight chuckle escape the guy I had just made out with's mouth. The guy Lydia called Nathan. I turned to look at this 'Nathan'. He really wasn't tall. He was kinda scrawny but not like weak scrawny.

He just wasn't broad. His eyes were really blue or maybe I wasb just drunk. His eyes just seemed like a ocean in which I could drown in. He had some scruff, it complimented him.

Nathan looked down at me and smirked, "Brooke was it?" I slightly laughed, nodding. He held out his hand towards me, "Nathan Smith."

AN: give us love and stuff on this chapter !! new chapter is up and out.

— kenakixoxo

— kenaki
xoxo