he can't let her get hurt..
——————————
Sonic stared in shock at the one in front of him, he felt like crying in joy!
"Silver?.." he asked, his voice was horse as he covered his mouth to cough.
"Yep that's me, glad I found you! Are you alright? You look like you haven't moved in day!" Silver joked gaining a chuckle from sonic, the silver hedgehog smiling brightly.
"Now come on," silver offered his hand which was grabbed by sonic, and pulled the blue hedgehog up who stumbled a bit. Silver held him, surprised by his friend's condition. Why was he like this, also-
"What's up with the armor sonic?" Silver asked suddenly, he hadn't mean to ask just yet as he finally found him! Sonic chuckled at the sudden question but answered it anyways.
"To put it short I'm a king now," sonic chuckled as silver held him up right.
"Your left alone for a little bit and you concur a kingdom? What'd you do, defeat King Arthur or something?" silver joked, the blue ball of quills laughing along nervously. Silver watched sonics face as he gazed away, lifting his eyebrow as he thought the action was suspicious.
"You didn't.."
"Well I mean he was a hologram.."
"Sonic.."
"I actually became king when I defended the dark queen!" Silver sighed shaking his head a small smile still evident on his face.
"Oh well, come on let's go home," silver said with a smile, sonic really wanted to accept and go home with silver but.. he can't leave right now, not with out saying goodbye and making sure the kingdom would be in good hands.
"I can't," sonic said stepping back, he watched as his friend's face contorted into confusion and sadness.
"Why not?.."
"I can't suddenly leave, the kingdom will be in ruins!" Sonic stated
"What about the royal wizard?"
"She turned evil,"
"Knight you trust?"
"They would fight how to rule or to keep me on the throne." Silver slumped a bit as all his ideas were turned down, looks like sonic needs to stay a bit longer..
"I'm sorry silver, I would love to go back home but I can't leave all my responsibilities like I could there, everything would be in ruin. The people I care for would be heart broken," Sonic stated, sir Lancelot flashed before his eyes as he finished. Silver watched sonics expression, it was a mix of confusion, sadness, and broken determination. Silver wanted to respond back with how he- how everyone else felt too how they miss him. He wanted to show sonic that the friends he made here aren't as important as the ones he made back home! That he was needed back home! But he couldn't..sonic looked so broken as it was, he can't make him choose between them right now. He had to stay with him. So he put on a smile.
"Alright, if ya needa stay then I maight as well too!" Silver announced smiling brightly again, his face heating up ever so slightly as sonics face lit up, and was replaced with a huge smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He watched as scourge smiled so freely, how he spoke to everyone as if they were his friends, it pissed him off. Just cause sonic brought him in, doesn't mean everyone can just brush off everything he had done! Sonic was smart, but not so when picking people to help. He let out a 'tsk' as he walked, he needed to cool down or he might explode on someone and that'd be bad. Wouldn't?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Amy was starting to get anxious, the others weren't leaving! Were they planning something? But it's just vanilla, Shadow, and cream.. could one of them be the culprit?! Are they making sure tail's doesn't speak?! Is that why tails hasn't acknowledged them? No no, it can't be them! She's known them forever! They wouldn't hurt sonic, well besides shadow but they're friends, rivals but still friends, they would hang out all the time, they looked so happy! So shadow is crossed off the list of suspects for now. Oh this is becoming harder then she originally thought.. the sound of footsteps echoed as someone came into the garage, Amy looked to the source only to find.. knuckles??
————————