Prologue

The streets of Musutafu were plunged into darkness, the inky blackness enshrouding everything like a heavy veil. Only a handful of heroes roamed the quiet streets, watching for any criminal activity. For it was in the night that the lawless took to the streets, seeking to carry out their nefarious schemes.

But it was also in the night that sinister figure roamed the streets. A figure that struck fear into the hearts of even the most hardened of criminals. Tensei Ukute knew this all too well as he sprinted through the city's winding alleys, his heart pounding with terror.

The distant sounds of shotguns and screams echoed through the night air, sending chills down Tense's spine. He knew he was being pursued by the hand of death itself. He could feel the presence behind him, watching, waiting, always just a step behind.

Tensei ducked into abandoned buildings and turned down countless alleys, but the feeling of being watched never left him. He tried to blend into the crowd, but his pursuer was always looming in the shadows.

Tense's breath came in ragged gasps in one alley as he looked around for any sign of his stalker. Suddenly, he heard heavy footsteps approaching from behind and spun around to face his attacker.

A black figure stood before him, its eyes glowing like the fires of hell. Tense's heart sank as he realized he was trapped, his fate sealed.

"Why? Why are you chasing me? Why?... Why?" Tensei pleaded, his voice shaking with fear.

The figure advanced, its movements slow and deliberate. "You know why," it hissed, its voice cold as ice.

Tensei's mind raced as he desperately searched for a way out. "Please, there must be a way that we can solve this," He stammered, his eyes darting around for any sign of escape. "I have money; I will give you all of it if you want! Just tell me what you want, and I will give it to you!"

But the figure only stared at him, its expression unreadable. "My judgement has been cast. Your fate has been written, and it can't be erased," it said, sending shivers down Tense's spine.

"Please... have mercy!" Tensei begged his voice barely above a whisper.

But the figure remained unmoved. "There is no mercy," it growled before lashing out with a swift kick that sent Tensei crashing.

Panting and gasping for breath, Tensei gazed up at his attacker, fear etched deep in his features. "Who even are you?!" he cried, his voice shaking with terror.

The figure drew a gleaming knife from its cloak, its eyes never leaving Tense's face. "I am the hand of God. I am the dark messiah. I am The Vengeful One..."

"