Persecution

In the police office, Tsukauchi analysed the photo of Tensei's corpse. According to the reports and the symbol on the wall, Tensei had been skinned alive, and a circle and V had been drawn using his blood. The sight was disturbing, to say the least. Naomasa then turned to the chief.

"Chief, this is the 10th assassination related to that symbol this week. So whoever is doing this sure is inspired," Naomasa said.

"We will find him and bring justice to him. So don't worry, Naomasa," the chief replied.

"I hope so, although there is something weird about all of this," Naomasa said.

"About a supposedly shadowy figure with devil eyes who runs wild on the night murdering people?" the chief replied.

"Well, you see, he is not only killing people. He targets specifically both heroes and villains. That is weird. What can possibly be his motives? However, it appears he also only uses weapons, so we don't know what his quirk may be," Naomasa explained.

"Well, you will have enough time to ask him when we catch him," the chief said.

Naomasa just nodded, and the chief went out of the room. Naomasa then went to observe the photos of all the other people who had been murdered in ways too gruesome to describe.

"If we ever catch him..." Naomasa trailed off.

...

The night was thick with silence, broken only by the sound of the motorcycle's wheels as it approached the outskirts of Musutafu. The darkness of the night consumed everything, and the only light came from the faint glow of the motorcycle's headlight. Its engine roared through the empty streets, signalling an impending doom no one could have foreseen. The red eyes of the driver glowed devilishly, reflecting the cold light of the moon. The motorcycle moved with speed, its destination looming ever closer.

Finally, it stopped in front of a mansion, surrounded by towering metal fences that separated it from the rest of the world. A figure cloaked in shadows dismounted from the motorcycle and landed lightly on the other side of the wall. With cat-like grace, the figure made its way through the yard, ghosting past the security systems undetected. The figure forced open the door and stepped inside, moving through the house like a silent spectre. It made its way up the stairs to the second floor, where the door to a room opened. Captain Celebrity, propped up on his elbows, staring at the figure with wide eyes.

"Who are you?" he demanded, struggling to sit up. "I'm a pro hero! I will arrest you!"

The figure advanced towards him with red eyes, unfazed by the hero's words. Captain Celebrity's fear turned to anger, and he lunged forward with a punch, only to have it caught by the figure's hand. The hero tried again, throwing another punch, but the figure moved with lightning speed, grabbing his shirt and throwing him across the room.

"Resisting is useless," Izuku declared, "My judgement has been cast, and there is nothing you can do about it."

Captain Celebrity groaned in pain, but he wouldn't give up. Finally, he pulled himself up to sit and demanded, "What am I guilty of?"

The figure paused, considering the question momentarily before answering in a cold, remorseless voice, "Of using your status as a hero to take women to bed, sometimes even forcefully. Now, you will receive punishment for your crimes."

The figure drew a gun and pointed it towards Captain Celebrity, just south of his waist.

"No! What are you going to-"

The sound of the gunshot cut him off mid-sentence, and Captain Celebrity screamed in agony as blood pooled around him. The figure watched him die, his face impassive and cold, before using some of the hero's blood to draw his signature symbol on the wall. Finally, the figure left the house, vanishing into the night.