15 : celebration

•° ✿ °•

.•° ✿ °•.

"YOU LOOK DIFFERENT." lo'ak said furrowing his brows at iris. the girl had a glow to her that he never witnessed. he was dumbfounded at the sight.

"what do you mean?" iris raised a brow at him.

"i don't know... something has changed." he scratched his head.

"i took my hair down, perhaps that is the change." iris informed.

"no... it's definitely not that."

before lo'ak could question her any further, neteyam's presence joined the pair.

"good morning beautiful." neteyam greeted his mate with a kiss on her temple.

iris hummed in response and leaned her head against his chest naturally.

"morning skxawng." neteyam probed his brother resulting in lo'ak sucking his teeth at him.

"you look different as well neteyam. what the fuck is going on?!" lo'ak exclaimed, frustrated at his own confusion.

"language lo'ak!" neytiri hissed as she snuck up on the teens.

iris straightened herself up and away from neteyam. she was much more aware of neytiri ever since the incident of her catching them.

"what is lo'ak pestering you two about?" neytiri asked, mostly focused on lo'ak.

"um.. well they just look so different today. eywa i'm tired of repeating that." lo'ak groaned.

neytiri scrunched her face at lo'ak. she had known her own son better than anyone else. sure she would have noticed a difference.

she finally allowed her eyes to fall on them. she searched their beings up and down and gasped loudly. her eyes widened as she moved closer to them.

"come with me. now." her voice was stern. iris and neteyam could feel their hearts in their throats. iris had never been scolded by neytiri, but she surely had witnessed how brutal she could be.

neytiri pulled neteyam by his arm and iris followed. her stomach was tying in knots in anticipation. neytiri dragged her son into their pod and released him from her tight grasp.

she stared at the two teenagers as if she was trying to make sure what she had assumed was correct. she shook her head at her own doubts. she was positive.

"you are mated." she said, it wasn't a question, it was a fact.

iris fell silent. how could she have known? sure a mother's instinct was strong, but iris swore it couldn't be that accurate.

"y-yes mother. we are." neteyam admitted, his voice riddled with anxiety.

iris let out a shaky breath that she wasn't aware she was holding. her body was paralyzed in that moment.