chapter 1

birthday treats

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚

"oh come on, its your birthday, you have to have a party" kiara exclaimed.
"i'm too lazy to host a birthday party, plus i dont wanna wake up the next morning and pick up people's cups that they tossed on the floor" i said taking my eyes off of my book and giving her my full attention.
"you can ban beer" she discussed taking a bag of chips out of the pantry.
"ban beer? in the obx? they'll sneak that shit in"
"get security" kie declared, which i ignored by completing my thought,
"talking about sneaking shit in, there's a lot of drug trades going on right now and the last thing i need is to serve time in prison because i've been framed for having drugs inside my house"
kie nodded, agreeing with my point.
"i mean plus i dont wanna deal with all those low life kooks calling me annoying because i banned beer from my house party filled with teens." i sighed, and i dont know how, but kiara understood the fact i didn't want to talk about this anymore. so we spent some time watching tv before we headed off to the château.

"she doesn't wanna have a party" kie said the second we walked in.
"dont be such a loser, liz" jj chirped as he threw a 'happy birthday' hat at me which fell to the floor because of my failed reflexes.
i rolled my eyes and dropped my bag on the table then walked next to kie to sit facing them.
"why wont you have a party" john b asked, throwing beer cans in the trash behind me,
"can you guys stop aiming shit near me its disturbing, plus i already told kiara why i don't want to"
"you should be as wild as me and pope were the night of the storm" jb said putting a hand over pope.
"what did you do?" kie asked.
"we surfed the surge" pope answered, with a bothered look on his face, couldn't say the same about john b though, he looked proud of himself.
"you surfed the surge?" kie asked again this time a little bit more worried.
i must've zoned out because 2 minutes later i wsd interrupted by my train of thoughts by jb yelling "everyone shut up, shut up listen to me"
and to my surprise, everyone did and stared at him.
"while we were surfing, i saw this boat. i couldn't really see it perfectly but from the back it looked like a marina white" he said sipping his beer after
"you know what i heard going on?" i said and this time everyone's gaze shifted to me, "scooter, scooter grubs is missing"
"so?" jj asked leaning his legs next to my lap
"what do you mean so?" i replied shoving his leg away from me
"scooter grubs is lie, homeless, he lived in a box for 4 weeks theres no way he could've afforded a fucking marina white" jj worded.
"yeah but.. whatever it's not our place anyway"
"guys i'm too stressed for this, you know what i'm thinking right now jj?" kie disclosed standing up to fix her shirt
"i think so"
"kegger?"
"hell yeah" all the boys exclaimed, "although i'm not drinking unless liz does" jj stated, this time putting his hand over my shoulder as we were walking out the château.
"then i hope you die of thirst." i sarcastically spoke.
"consider this your birthday party, and present" he phrased.

about an hour into the kegger party, set in the boneyard, everyone started to appear. tourists, pogues, and kooks. i wasn't ever the person to drink, i've had a couple drinos before but i'm not addicted to it, and i've been rejecting a drink ever since i was 15, for no reason. and it really hit in this party, many boys came up and asked to get me a drink to which i said yes then ran away and hid from them. i sat next to a kook boy, a different one, his name was alex and we had a nice chat before his girlfriend stormed up to us and accused him of cheating, and thats when i started stressing out so i walked away and sat next to the sand with my feet in the water and the music behind me fading away as my thoughts started to take over.