Dinner

- What did you do!? - Maddie yelled.
- I didn't do anything, I mean I couldn't do it at work cause they don't let me go on calls.
- So when could you do it? - she asked.
- When I was walking out of the station I bumped my shoulder on a arch way but it couldn't come from that. I've done way worse things and I didn't get any bruises - I said kinda panicking.
- No it definitely couldn't. Did anything else happen at work, or here? Did anyone hit you or something? - Maddie asked concerned.
- No, nobody is hitting. At work I only got hit by some wett towels, but nothing else. All I did today was clean two bathrooms, and moped the floors nothing else, really.

I really didn't know why did they appear out of no where. There wasn't any reason why would they.

- Maybe it's because of the blood thinners. The doctor said it may do some things to my blood maybe this is one of them - I said hoping that it is true.
- That could be true, but you're definitely going to see a doctor about it.
- Do I have to? I really don't wanna go back there.
- Yes you do I'm gonna make you an appointment, for tomorrow if possible. Go take a shower, we're still gonna go to that lunch - she said the last sentence as she was waking out.

After she walked out, I undressed myself and I got into shower. About 15 minutes later I was out and only had to dress and then we'll be good to go.

- Okay I'm ready - I said to Maddie.

I was wearing a black t-shirt, and blue jeans. I didn't want to wear anything fancy all I really wanted was to stay in bed but my sister had other plans for me.

- Okay, so let's go - she said.

We went out of the apartment, I closed the door and headed to the elevator. We decided to take my car.

- So where are we going? - I asked my sister.
- To Hen's place, she invited us over for dinner.
- You're kidding me? You did all of that so I could go to a dinner where everyone is going to be. If you'll hear Eddie screaming at me, know it's your fault - I said pissed.

How could she not tell. Maybe I should've asked fist, but I thought that we'd go somewhere in city and not to Hen's house.

- It can't be that bad. Give him a week he'll come around.
- I don't think it's only gonna take a year to forgive me, if he ever forgives me.

I stared the car and we went to the nice dinner we were about to have. "It's gonna be fun" I thought to myself.

The drive there was about 20 minutes and of course we couldn't go somewhere without a traffic in this city. I punched the steering wheel with my hands, and lay my back on the seat. It hurt me.

- Ow - I said.
- Everything okay? - Maddie asked.
- Yeah, just the bruises are annoying. It hurts when I touch my back with something.
- Oh I'm sorry, I really hope it'll be because of the blood thinners - She said.
- So when do I have to go the doctors? - I asked.
- Oh yeah, on Friday it hunk it was around 9 am. I'll text you everything later.
- This Friday or the next Friday?
- This, why? - Maddie asked.
- Because I'm home the next Friday, but now I have to explain to Bobby why I will late. I really don't wanna do that.
- He'll understand, I'm sure.

The traffic finally moved. After that we were there in 5 minutes.

- You ready? It's gonna be your first dinner with them in 3 months.
- No, I'm not - I said.
- Oh, come on. It won't be that bad.
- I hope it won't.

Then we came out of the car, and went inside. Maddie knocked on the door, and after a second the door were open.

- Hi there l! - Hen said.
- Hi! - me and Maddie said at the same time.

When we came in she hugged us both. I hugged back, but it felt kinda weird.

- Come in, everyone is already here - she said as she walked out of the porch.

Maddie said hi to everyone but when I tried to say hi they just turned the other way, except for Athena. It's gonna be a rally nice night, at least for Maddie.

Everyone was taking to someone except for me.
Maddie with Chim, Hen with Athena, Eddie with Bobby, and the kids were playing with themselves.

The most painful was Eddie not talking to me. He's not even letting me see Christopher, I asked several times but he just never answered. Probably now he thinks I left when I promised that I'll never leave him. Gosh I'm so stupid, but I should've been use to ruining everything I touch.

- How are you Buck? - Athena asked.
- I'm good, I got to go home a little early today so I'm in a great mood. How are you? - I asked her.
- I'm fine, thanks for asking. I know I'm sorry, you didn't do anything wrong, Bobby's just being a jackass, but trust me he'll come around. You two will be on the same terms as you were before - she said.

And then she went for a hug, obviously I went to hug her too. When she hugged me squeezed me, and unfortunately she touched the bruises on my back. I flinched a bit and she noticed that.

- You really okay? - she asked concerned.
- Yeah, just sore from the gym - I brushed her off.

Thank god she stopped asking questions. Knowing her she'd push till I answer.

- Okay dinner's ready - Hen said.

Everyone went t sit down at the table. I was the last one to sit.

They started to talk about the call that they had today. Apparently some lady forgot to turn off the stove and it caught on fire, nobody was injured or anything but the house went down.

It felt kinda weird only hearing abou calls not actually going with them . But it is what it is, maybe someday I'll be back on the ladder.

- So what have you been doing Buck? - Hen asked.
- Nothing, really. When I got home I just watched TV, pretty boring - I said.
- There has to be something. At work, something happen? - Hen asked.
- Only Bobby sent me home earlier, that's it.
- Why would he sent you home? - Hen asked.
- Ask him and Eddie - I said.

When I looked at Eddie I don't know why but he looked pissed. Like I didn't do anything wrong, he started the whole thing when he got an idea with throwing wet towels at me.

- Why'd you sent him home? - Hen asked Bobby.
- Cause I wanted to. And he was done with the twjyhings he needed to do, so why would he stay- Bobby said.
- No I was not done - I said.
- Also you were being disrespectful towards one of the crew.
- To Eddie, I was being disrespectful towards Eddie. You have any idea that the prank they pulled off on me was his idea. It wasn't one of the others it was him.
- Still you shouldn't talk to him like that, or treat him badly. - Bobby said.
- Does that rule also apply to him? - I asked - Or he can treat me like shit and it'll be okay?
- It also applies to him - Bobby said.
- But when you came in I assume you were at standing there for a minute, so you heard the whole thing. And still I was the only being punished.
- Well you deserve to be punished - Eddie said.
- Did somebody asked you to speak? - I asked him.

After he heard what I said his face looked like he was surprised I actually said that.

- And that's what I talking about. That's the reason why you were sent home earlier today - Bobby said.
- Oh you've got to be kidding me. I didn't do anything... Okay I think I'm gonna go - I said standing up.
- No you don't have to go - Karen said.
- No I'm good, me being here is just causing fighting. Thanks for the great night but I'm gonna head out - I said and walked out.
- No, Buck wait! - Maddie yelled.

I heard my sister sister tell for me to wait, but I just wanted to go home and stop thinking about me screwing everything up. Unfortunately she made it to my car before I could get in and when I was opening the door she slammed it.

- You're not leaving - she said.
- I literally walked out of the house, I'm going home.
- No you're not going anywhere except going back inside with me.
- Like I said they don't want me there at least most of them. They didn't even say hi to me. The didn't even look at me. I'm just gonna ruin the night for them and for you. Can you go back to yours with Chim? - I asked her.
- Yes I can. Please don't go! - she said.
- Like I said they don't want me there and I get that, they don't want me to screw the night up. Like I do to everything. So bye, see you tomorrow.

I said and got into my truck and went back to my apartment. "Now I only need to tell Bobby tomorrow I won't be able to come to work on Friday" I thought to myself.

Sorry for the delay, I had some other stuff to do.
Also the next chapter might come a little later cause I have a lot of school school stuff. But I'll try to write when I'll have time.