01

i've really missed obx. since being in new york, i've missed the small city life. being around people constantly, it's tiring and frustrating.

ever since my parents died, i've been with my older sister. now, we're moving back to obx and i've changed a lot.

i lost a lot of weight

from the ages of 7-16 i was an over eater. but since new york, i've focused on myself and lost a lot of weight. i gained confidence.

i look hot as fuck.

in obx, we're kooks. always have been. for generations, our family have been kooks and it's great. until you're left with just yourself.

until you're left alone.

my parents died when i was 15. then i moved to new york to live with my sister, but now that im 18, im moving back to obx with my sister, in our family home. i haven't been here in 4 years.

i haven't seen him in 4 years.

i hope he's okay.

lily drags me out of my daze and tells me were home.

i look at the huge house in front of me and smile. we grab our things and head inside, with the help of edna. our family friend.

i go to my room and it's exactly how i left it.

"still yellow." lily says in the door way and i look at her.

"still yellow." i repeat and smile.

"you talked to rafe?" she asks and i shake my head

"don't have his number anymore." i shrug and open the window.

i change into a coral tube top and blue denim shorts with some sliders. i put my hair into a pony tail and head out.

i need to see him.

i walk to the cameron house and i knock on the door. rose opens it and gasps.

"oh my gosh, matilda! look at you! you've grown up so much. you look beautiful, come in!" she says and opens the door for me. i enter the house and go to the kitchen where wheezie is.

"hey wheezie! how's it going?" i say and she smiles

"hey! i'm good, how about you? how is new york? is it like gossip girl?" she says and i lean on the counter

"even better." i say and laugh. a tall figure comes in and my smile fades.

"rafe." i whisper and he widens his eyes.

"tilli?" he says and i nod with a smile. i run over and hug him. he spins us around and i laugh. we separate and look at each other, my hands still resting on his arms and his hands on my waist. "how are you? how's new york? like gossip girl?" he says with his eyebrows raised

"better. i'm good, how about you? you look great!" i say and he smirks.

"don't i? i'm good, wanna catch up in my room?" he asks and i nod, hugging wheezie and taking her candy bar.

"hey!" she shouts and i giggle as i run upstairs with rafe.

i jump on his bed and he smiles down at me. he sits at his desk and i sigh.

"how's life?" i ask and he scoffs

"i live with ward cameron, what do you think?" he says sarcastically and i breath out

"i'm sorry for leaving you here alone. and i'm sorry for losing contact with you. i shouldn't of done that." i say and he comes over and i look at him

"it was a two way thing. i could of called but didn't. it's not just you." he says and i nod.

"anyway, what should we do?" i question and we smirk at each other, heading to the country club.