Let Me Tell You About Love

Your phone started buzzing a few times, but whoever it was, everyone knew that you didn't answer your phone during meetings. Already bored with the meeting, you couldn't stand to see the suggestions that the shareholders were showing you. On the other hand, Tony was loving it, refuting every graph with arguments. They wanted to propose taking one of your best projects out of circulation just for the sake of the company's image, but you didn't give a damn and neither did Tony.

For what seemed like the tenth time, your phone buzzed again, but your secretary came in just in time, drawing everyone's attention. "Miss, your brother is trying to call you, he said it's urgent."

Your heart raced, a small pain appeared in your chest, you stood up to apologize and left the meeting room going to yours. You took the phone out of your pocket and sat down in your chair. On your phone, there was a notification that your brother had tried to call you more than 6 times, that's when the worry grew.

The phone on your desk rang, as you put it to your ear your secretary said: " Miss, your brother is on line 2."

"Thank you, Kate." You just told her.

When she hung up you called on line 2, your heart stopped a little as you heard your brother panting.

"Andreas, what's going on?" You said quietly.

"Hello little sister, damn, very hard to talk to you, huh?" he said with difficulty due to his breathing. "I'm flying to Norway now."

"What?"

"That's right, I got a spot on the ski test on the team, and I'm going there." The excitement in his voice was audible.

"But Andreas, you're getting married in two months!" You snapped out of shock and shouted, slamming a hand palm down on your desk, knocking over a picture frame.

"I know, I know, fuck, you need to tell Wanda for me." He gave a brief pause, as if seeming to remember he had a fiancée. "I need you to talk to her, I don't know when I'll be back and if I'll be back. I want her to be happy."

"Wait, what? You didn't talk to her?" You shouted again, feeling the blood boil in your veins.

"That's why you're the best sister in the world. I have to go, I'll call you when I land!" And he hung up.

You took a deep breath, taking in all that history, left your phone on the table, and ran your hands through your hair. You lifted the picture frame from the desk, looked at the picture, and felt your heart ache again. You called your secretary's desk, who answered promptly.

"I need you to find out where Wanda is."

⇜⇜⇜

When you arrived, you asked not to be announced by the ladies in the store, you just asked them to close the store for a moment and that you needed to talk to the bride, and they did.

Wanda was already looking at the 4th dress, she was in doubt whether to be bold or simple. Natasha wanted her to wear one that left her back bare and with a plunging neckline on her breasts. Natasha watched Wanda look at herself in the mirror, Wanda thought she looked wonderful in the dress, but knew that Andreas would never accept her wearing that.

Natasha heard two soft knocks on the door, got up and went to open it. She gave you a wide smile, but you didn't return it as you usually did. You bowed your head in denial, and she understood what was going on. She opened the door for you to enter, and when you did, your heart squeezed in your chest. Wanda looked beautiful, her eyes sparkled, and her smile was radiant.

Natasha tapped you lightly on the shoulder and left the room, closing the door and leaving you alone with Wanda. Wanda turned to check the direction of the noise and cracked a big smile at you, however, she soon ran behind the white curtains.