32

Lucy POV:
I'm sitting on the sofa with my laptop, notepad and Jacks medical notes. Mason comes over with a cup of tea, "I thought you could do with this baby. How bad is it?" I shrug and smile "thank you for the tea and it isn't great, but he can definitely recover. You played today baby, you must be shattered. You go on up to bed and I'll be up when I'm done" I say and he smiles "okay, I love you baby. Goodnight"
-The next morning-
Mason POV:
Lucy didn't come to bed last night, as I've come downstairs this morning I see her asleep on the sofa, she must've worked so hard last night that she fell asleep before coming upstairs.
Instagram

Masonmount: Worked so hard she fell asleep on the sofa last night🥰🥺28k likes BenChilwell: Bless her🥺 Now you have to make her a tea before you wake her up🙌🏼Declanrice: Bless her🥺User: How can someone look so good sleeping?🥰Jackgrealish: Aww...

28k likes
BenChilwell: Bless her🥺 Now you have to make her a tea before you wake her up🙌🏼
Declanrice: Bless her🥺
User: How can someone look so good sleeping?🥰
Jackgrealish: Aww bless her lad🥺💖
4k more comments

I'm in the kitchen, making a tea and Jack comes in. "Morning lad, how you feeling this morning?" I ask and he smiles "I'm less emotional today lad, sorry about that yesterday. I feel so bad that Lucy fell asleep down here because she was working to help me" he says and I smile "don't worry about any of it lad, yesterday if I had been told the same as you, I'd cry a lot too, and don't worry about Luce, she's in her element when helping people" I say and we carry on chatting for a while then we hear "Grealish, sit your arse on a chair and take the weight off of your leg" we look and see Lucy standing with her hands on her hips looking disapprovingly at Jack, I laugh loudly as Jack sits down and says "sorry love, we just got distracted chatting" she laughs and says "just make sure you take it easy. Once I've had a tea, we can go through the plan I made while Mase here makes breakfast." I look at her and say "I'm making breakfast?" She walks over and kisses me "your baby is telling me they really want pancakes" I laugh and roll my eyes "you say that as you know I'll never say no" then I hear Jack laugh "like you'd ever say no to Luce, you've been smitten by her from the day you met" Lucy laughs and admits he has a point.
Lucy POV:
I sit in the front room with Jack and say "how you feeling this morning?" He smiles "emotionally better but physically it hurts a lot." I nod "it's going to hurt, I think by looking at it, there's a lot of bruising that needs to come out to ease the pain as well. So today, you're going to have a chill day, stay off of it as much as possible, I'll have to feel and assess it, to make my own report then, I've got some rub to put on it and also some ointment which should help bring the bruising out. Then tomorrow the hard work starts, intense physio and hydrotherapy daily,in 2 weeks we will need to get it re-scanned, I'll assess it again to compare how much progress we've made. Then make another plan from then on. Sound good to you?" He grins "Luce, anything sounds good, you honestly don't know how grateful I am for you doing this." I smile and pat his thigh, "it'll be okay, also the thigh support is back but you'll wear it alongside a knee and ankle support" he smiles "anything to get back on the pitch"
-The next day-
Yesterday, we spent the day chilling, a couple of the lads popped round to see Jack and make sure he's okay.
Today the hard work starts, Mason went back to training today, It's midday, Jack and I have done his physio session and we're about to do his hydrotherapy one soon, luckily enough Mason has a small hydrotherapy pool installed with his swimming pool.
After hydrotherapy, I say to Jack "you need to stay off the leg for the rest of the day only use it when necessary" he smiles "only when I need a piss then" I laugh "yeah something like that." He puts a film on and I decide to sort out dinner as it's getting to mid afternoon.
"Jack, I've got to go to the shops to get some pasta, don't try anything on your leg while I'm gone" he laughs "I'll stay here and watch the film. I promise." I ask if he wants anything and he asks for some popcorn and a drink. I get in the car and go to Tesco's. On the way my phone rings.
Sash💖
L-Hey Sash, how's your trip?
S-Hey Luce, it's lovely, how's Jack today?
L-He's a lot better mentally today, I think he's accepted it's happened and eager to work to improve it and recover.
S-Thank you so much for what you're doing.
L-Anytime, it's fine. I love helping the boys, they all deserve to play.
S-How bad is it Luce?
L-He'll be okay, it's going to take a lot of hard work but he'll be back to pitch ready before end of season, but it's down to City if they let him back and play him.
S-How long do you think?
L-By the end of the month, he'll be pain free and able to start using the gym, I'd say 6 weeks until he's strong enough to be back at training but it depends on their medical requirements. I'm going to try and contact them to find out where he needs to be.
S-You're truly amazing Luce, thank you.
L-You're really welcome. Have a great trip, and we'll speak soon.
S-Sounds great, speak later

I hang up and head into the shop. I get a few stares as people recognise me but I've learned to ignore it. Once I've got what I need, I head to the car and head home. I don't like being out on my own too much as I find it uncomfortable and I get anxious.
I get home and start cooking chicken fajita pasta for us all. At 5:30pm, I hear the front door open and then hear Mason and Jack talking, I soon feel 2 arms around my waist "Hello Babygirl" he says and I smile , "hey babe. How was training?" I ask and he shrugs "yeah it's okay" I look worriedly "what happened?" He sighs "had an argument with the boss. Can we talk about it later I'm not in the mood right now" I nod "course we can, we'll talk when you're ready. Why don't you go and sit with Jack, play Xbox or something. He's had a long day and could probably do with someone to chat too" he nods and kisses me "you're amazing and I'm so lucky to have you, do you know that" I smile "I'm not that good but I enjoy you telling me" he grins "I'll show you later just how thankful and lucky I am" I grin and kiss him "I'm keep you to that" he laughs and head into the front room.