Chapter 17 : Tea Time with the Queen

Word has it that the Viscountess Boonchuy has been invited to a private tea with the Queen!!

I wonder, what on earth could her majesty want to tell the lady that needed a private tea?

Well, if I hear about it, you all shall definitely know about it!

—Lady Feicuiton Societt Papers—
—1 September 1813—

"Your majesty," A butler called out to her, standing up tall, "the viscountess of the Boonchuy estate has arrived."

Queen Olivia looked at her butler with disdain, sighing as she flipped her hand in the air, "Send her in!" she ordered, and so the servant did.

As the viscountess walked in, she couldn't help but look around (at least a bit!), the inside of the palace was so beautiful, especially inside the queen's private tea room—and yes, she did indeed have a room designated for private teas.

Once the mother of the Boonchuy estate got to the queen, she bowed, a soft smile on her lips just as she taught her eldest, "Your majesty, may I say, it is an honor to be here." The queen smirked with pride, watching the viscountess stand up, and when she did, Olivia signaled her to sit in the chair next to her. "Yes, I know it is. Now sit, and help yourself to some tea." The queen instructed, and so Mrs. Boonchuy did.

The viscountess grabbed the (very expensive looking) teapot, pouring the tea inside of the matching cup, and stirring in a bit of sugar alongside it, "So, your majesty," Mrs. Boonchuy began, picking up her tea cup and relaxing into the soft chair she sat in, "I'm presuming you invited me to talk about Anne and your nephew?"

Queen Olivia rearranged herself in her seat, sighing when she finally got comfortable, "Not exactly."

Before the viscountess could ask what her majesty meant, the queen clapped her hands twice and loudly, "Bartley!! Branson!! Blair!!" she called, and the scrawny butlers came. "Go, retrieve me more snuff."

The three nodded before running out of the room, Olivia leaned closer to the viscountess, "Bartley is a terrible gossip, but the other two are his brothers who tell him anything, so all of those men must leave: or else the entire ton' will know our business." Her Majesty sat back comfortably, taking a sip from her tea before saying, "Now, my dear, we can talk."

"What are your opinions on homosexuals?" She asked, Mrs. Boonchuy immediately showed shock on her face, she looked around at all the servants still in the room, "...Your majesty...?" she asked hesitantly.

The queen just scoffed, rolling her eyes, "They are my servants, they do not care. Now, tell me, your queen demands it."

The viscountess tried to hold her tea as steady as possible, how was she supposed to answer? she had to be very careful on her wording. "...Well..." she began, looking down at her cup of black tea, "me, personally, I would never take part in such matters, but if... others wish to in private, what am I to do about it." she said, attempting to sound confident, but not doing that swell of a job.

Queen Olivia hummed to herself, nodding a bit as she took another sip from her cup, "Good answer." the viscountess sighed from relief, but once she heard her majesty begin to speak again, she bit her tongue. "I shall cut to the chase," The queen told her guest, raising up her nose, "my niece is interested in Miss Anne—and if she is to be believed—Lady Anne has feelings for the princess as well."

Lady Boonchuy immediately coughed up her tea, her eyes wide, her daughter was a homosexual? the princess of Prussia was a homosexual?? "N-no! your majesty, my daughter would never-"

But the queen just raised her hand, ceasing the viscountess's words, "I am not upset, Lady Boonchuy, in fact, I have a proposition for you."

The viscountess decided to stay quiet.

"Have your daughter marry my nephew, Marcius, and have the two be together in secret. The kingdom of Prussia shall have beautiful aires and a spectacular queen, and your Anne is still happy." Olivia leaned forward, saying to the viscountess in a low tone, "Because do not think I have not noticed her lack of an engagement, she must be married soon, and why not marry a prince?"

The viscountess sat down her tea, looking at the queen confused, "Even if my daughter is a... lesbian..." she awkwardly cleared her throat, "why would you want your nephew to marry someone who doesn't love him?"

The queen crossed her arms, "As long as my nephew loves her—which he does—it shall work."

It was quiet for a moment before the sound of a door opening made the queen speak again, "Finally! bring it here!" she demanded, her three butlers giving her the snuff. Olivia immediately snorted it, making the viscountess look away a bit uncomfortably, but once her majesty finished, she looked at her, smiling lightly, "Do think about it, shall you?"

Anne paced back and forth in her room, her mind whispering scenarios to her about why the queen had invited her mother to a private tea.

And unfortunately, all the scenarios were negative.

Perhaps they were speaking of a wedding with her and the prince? perhaps her majesty was scolding the viscountess for not having her married? perhaps they were accepting Marcius's marriage proposal for her and forcing her to marry him!!

Anne sighed looking down at the wooden floor, even if that was happening, what would it change? there was no way of getting out of marriage, and being a princess—and eventual queen—would be the best scenario for her.

It's not like she could marry Sasha and Marcy, in fact, there's no way they would even want to marry her if she could! it was time for the brunette to just... face facts.

Anne walked towards her vanity, sitting down on the soft chair in front of it, staring at her face. She had been doing everything wrong, she had been skipping dances with suitors, playing with the princess and marchioness, not being betrothed!

It was time for her to be as everyone wanted, a flawless diamond.

Anne sighed, slight tears forming in her eyes as she looked into the mirror, her shoulders back and her chin held high, "I shall marry the prince,"

"and finally accept that this is what I was made for."

~~~
Published
March, 26th, 2023.

Word Count
1160.
-
Ao3 (15+) - Buttercup_Clouds
Tiktok - Buttercup_Clouds
Pinterest - Buttercup_Cloudss