Chapter 36:We have to leave

Last couple of days have been peaceful Lizzie and Annie aren't sick anymore and I get to be by Tony now but Carol didn't come back with Rick I think everyone noticed but just didn't say anything. I am that's what I'm doing right now I walk over to Rick and Daryl.

Daryl looks annoyed angry even and Rick is trying to reason to him about something. Tony sneezing makes our presence known Rick looks at me so does Daryl. "Where's Carol" I ask Daryl scoffs and Rick looks down.

"She killed David and Kare so I left- i couldn't let her come bak to the prison" he says. Anger slowly fills me "you left Carol!" I whisper shout "she knows how to survive I left her with supplies" he argues. "Did you even think of Lizzie and Mika?! There father is gone Ryan put Lizzie and Mika in Carol's care" I argue.

"That's what I said" Daryl mumbles "we'll take care of them" Rick assures. I scoff walking back to my cell I stop at the top of the stairs and look back at him. "Carol was a mother figure to those two girls without a mother they won't truly be taken care of" I say before walking away.

I put Tony in his crib and sigh "hey Cass" Carl says walking in with a smile. I look up and give him a small smile "hey" I say he sits down next to me "what's wrong" he asks concern lacing his words.

"Nothing I'm fine" I say giving him a fake smile he frowns kissing my head. "We promised each other we would say somthing if something was bothering one of us" he says. I nod "Rick banished Carol because she killed David and Karen and I think it was the wrong move because what about Lizzie and Mika" I say.

He nods "she did kill them" he says I open my mouth to argue he puts a finger to my lips. "But your right Lizzie and Mika need her" he says I nod sighing.

"Rick said we'd take care of them but Carol was something to those girls that you can't just find anywhere, a mother" I say "Lizzie and Mika will survive but it's terrible not having the love of a mother growing up" I add on Carl nods putting his arm around me.

Tony starts making little noises and I take him out of his crib. I sit him up on my legs and smile at him he moves his hands over to Carl. Carl smiles "I think he wants you" I say handing Tony to Carl gently. Carl takes him letting him sit on his lap as Tony reaches touch his face.

Carl's smile grows as Tony starts playing with the ends of his hair I smile as I watch them. Carl holds Tony up with one hand and starts tickling him with the other. Tony breaks into fits of giggles causing my to chuckle.

I lay my head on Carl shoulder smiling "I could stay like this forever" I mumble. "Me too" he says but the moment is ruined by the sound of a explosion that shakes the building. Tony whimpers in fear looking around and I look at Carl with painc.

He stands up putting Tony in my arms "I'll be right back stay here" he says exiting before I can object. "Annette!?" I scream getting up rushing out of my cell. She comes running over to me with Lizzie, Mika and some other kids. "Cassie what's was that" a kid asks.

I ignore the question "listen I'm going to check the noise out I want all of you to syay in my cell unless an adult that you know tells you other wise if you see and adult that is not one of us Lizzie, Mika, Annie I want you to shoot them No arguing" I say.

The kids all nod and I give Tony to Annie before running outside to find the noise. I get outside pulling my gun out seeing the governor standing on a tank surrounded by people I take a place between Carl and Kasiaya.

"Rick! Come down here! We need to talk!" The governor hollers. We all stay silent "It's not up to me! There's a council now they run this place!" Rick hollers back breaking the silence. "Is Hershel on the council?" The governor hollers my breath hitched in my throat as a woman pulls Hershel out of a car placing him on his knees infront of the tank.