I can't believe it. [pt. 1]

[Darwin's P.O.V]

They won. Man city won again.

I desperately tried to laugh it off as I walked through the tunnel, shaking the hands of the opposing team but it was evident in my solemn and uneasy walk that I was disappointed. I was sad we lost which is normal for a football team but this loss really hurt and I don't really know why. All losses hurt and I don't want them to since they make me cry.

I don't want to cry, I hate crying but sometimes it spills out and every time it does I'm usually in the changing rooms. I hastily sat down on my part of the bench and began to sob into my hands, my face turning red as cries and whimpers crawled up and flew out of my throat. The stupid mind of mine only replaying the scenes where I thought I could score but never did, with the opportunity slipping away faster than it could arrive.

I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled the sweaty, Teardrop filled jersey off and let the cold air of the room hit my skin like a belt. The pure force of the wind hitting me elicited another sob out of me with my cry painting a look of worry on my fellow LFC players faces. I did my best to wipe my tears before I got pulled into a hug by one of my teammates, my skin singeing at the touch since it was from the one I knew best... And loved the most. Konstantinos Tsimikas.

"Kostas-!" I yelped out in surprise, causing a few heads to turn my way since I was rather loud.

"What ?" He asked, his accent thick and full of playfulness since he was obviously trying to lighten up the brooding atmosphere in the room we all got dressed in.

I gently push him back and continue getting dressed so we can all leave, the poor bus driver has been waiting a while so I thought it'd be best to hurry it up, thankfully he picked up on my hurried way of getting dressed and swiftly sped up his way of doing things which I thanked him for.

"gracias" I almost inaudibly said in my native language, smiling as soon as the word left my mouth. The others must've caught on because
I got a nudge from Virgil telling me that I 'fancy' him, since I didn't want to get caught I denied his accusation even though he most definitely knows that I do. Which I hope won't become a problem...

I almost completely forgot about the low mood after the hug I received but someone's sob dragged me back into the horrific reality we were in.

I shove my second shoe on after wrestling my shirt over my head and rushed over to the crier as soon as I could. Silently, I let out a gasp at who was crying...Trent. With a gentle opening of my arms he fell straight into them, "poor baby" I thought to myself as I let him sob into my shoulder. We both knew he missed an opportunity to help defend his goal but I never mentioned a word of it, his crying was causing him to choke and I wouldn't let it get worse so using my fatherly instinct I pat his back to help him cough.

"It is ok, Trent" I whisper in his ear, with my English a little broken since I was only just now getting used to living in Liverpool. Leaning out of the hug slightly, I cupped his cheek with my left hand as I used my thumb to stroke his cheek. Repeating my words of reassurance over and over.

[Konstantinos Tsimikas P.O.V]

Wow. He is magic.

This is all I can think as I watch Darwin calm Trent down from a sobbing, blubbering mess to a quiet yet whimpering boy. His hands and words can work pure magic to broken things, it's a mystery on why he doesn't do this every day.

While Darwin is still over at Trent I pack away his things for him then harvest my own items into my backpack and sit down, waiting for him since we always sit next to eachother on the bus back to the hotels we stay at or on our journeys to the other stadiums all around England. Turning to the side, I saw Virgil giggling with a cackling Robbo. They were obviously giggling at something someone did because the way their bodies were turned in with eachother and they they looked around the room to see if they were going to get caught. I shrug it off and rub my tired eyes, just hoping everyone would get ready and leave for the bus.

[No one's P.O.V]

They all left the changing rooms and got on the bus to take them back to Liverpool, or home as many members of the team would say. Kostas sat next to Darwin but with Trent Infront just incase anything happened and Darwin needed to work his magic again.. but it never needed to happen as Trent fell asleep on the bus on the way back home.