[30]

"Billy!" I screamed down the phone, dodging Valentino's hands as he tried to end the call

"Billy!" I screamed down the phone, dodging Valentino's hands as he tried to end the call. "I'm married!"

"You're what!" He screeched back, making me poorly stifle a laugh whilst Valentino dropped his head onto the table. "I wasn't invited to be the maid of honour? I'm hurt sunshine, truly."

I could just picture him with his hand to his chest, feigning hurt whilst his signature pout adorned his face.

"Anywho!" I cheered in a Scottish accent. Don't question it. "Gotta go now kid, honeymoon is pending."

With a quick "mwah" I ended the call, ignoring his one million "waits".

"Done?" Valentino asked, quirking his brow to which I nodded in reply. "Good, because you need to go feed the penguins."

Huh?

"Penguins?"

"Ducks." He deadpanned, grabbing my hand and pulling me up whilst picking something out of a bag I didn't see on the floor.

"What's that?"

"Duck feed, bread and frozen vegetables."

"Why would you give a duck frozen vegetables?" I almost gagged at the thought of eating frozen vegetables.

Valentino shrugged, looking inside the bag. "It's what Google said."

"Can't argue with that," I said after a moments thinking. I mean, when has Google ever been wrong? Well you have to forget the fact that it's diagnosed me with terminal brain tumours, trench foot, ulnar nerve compression, autism on the regular. Despite all that, the World Wide Web is my long time trusted ally. I truly feel bad for those born before 2012, having to live without the internet. Then again, no social media does sound peaceful.

"When was Google created?"

"1998." He said instantly, stopping right next to the pond. He must know his facts. What a weirdo. I bet he grew up reading an encyclopaedia instead of Funnybones.

"Oh, I thought it was 2012." Crazy.

"No."

"Sure thing dude."

Valentino gave me his classic side eye and playfully shoved me forwards. "Feed the little shits woman."

"Yessir."

I grabbed the bread from the bag because I'm not going to be that guy who gives someone vegetables. That can be Valentino's job because not only is he a health freak and I'm not, I can tell he's going to be the dad who won't let his kid leave the table until they eat all their greens.

Our kids.

Say what?

"What's going on in that weird little head of yours?" Vale whispered in my ear, almost making me fall in the pond from the sudden noise.