Part one

It's been 3 months since the move to New York. There's not much difference between here and Seattle, well it doesn't rain as much but it still snows nothing like Seattle though.

I missed everyone back there and i wouldn't be lying if I had to say I didn't miss the gossiping nurses or the petrified interns not having a clue what to do.

I missed my person and Alex, mark, Lexie, Richard, Callie, Arizona and I would be lying if I said I didn't miss Bailey barking orders down my throat. I missed things that wasn't even there no more like the hiding in the tunnels, and the stupid clicking of heels on the concrete floor that she swore she still could hear.

But New York was good she had her mentor Dr Tom Kroassic. He's a literal pain in my ass but he reminded me on Bailey and Cristina mixed into one but she could deal with that.

There was her good friend and room mate Matthew Thomson. We had known each other through Med School but we hadn't seen each other since we graduated, when he realise I was taking a fellowship in New York he gave me one of his spare bedroom in his house. When I say house I mean a literal mansion with 6 bedrooms 4 bathrooms a cinema room 2 offices and a huge library fulled with medical books.

It's been a bonus not having to look for a apartment and Mat is a laugh especially when I've had a crappy case.

I remember the first time I had told Cristina about him she thought it was my new boyfriend which will never happen because for starters Mat is Gay as gay can be as well as he's dating his boyfriend  now John Carter who happens to be a 3rd year resident. Ah the memory's me being the resident chasing after the dark haired attending.

....

"MAT !!" I yell from my room.

"Ah Mere your awake, coffee ??" He smiled pulling a coffee from behind his back.

"Aw I love you, you know that right" holding the hot coffee in my hands.

"Ok get ready because even if I have a day off I'm needed in, apparently Chris has a big case he needs me to look at. So I'm being nice and dropping you off " he gave me his signature smile.

"Do they need Neuro by chance ?" I ask him hoping he would say yes because I'm supposed to be covering the pit which I hated.

"Sorry Mere this is a cardio/general case you can't get in and aren't you covering the pit because you are literally are only decent trauma surgeon" he gave me the eye ball as per usual knowing that he's right.

"Yes I am covering the pit but I don't know I have a weird feeling about today and usually I'm right about these feelings" I told him.

"Is this a Seattle thing or just a you thing" he ask me sitting on the bottom of my bed.

" kinda both. Look one of the times I had the feeling I put my hand in a body cavity with a fucking bomb in it and an other time I drowned. The last time I had that feeling I had a gun to my head when a shooter came into the hospital. I'm usually right about this i don't know why im right but I just am" I explained looking down at the hot coffee in my hands.

"Ok no more depresso espresso where ok and your alive and you will be alive by the end of are shift i swear. And where doing this" he quickly pulled me into a hug before I moved away. Holding me tight combing my hair with is fingers to soothe me. I couldn't help but hum into his shoulder.

"Thank you" I mumbled into his shoulder with a small smile that I tried to hind but that didn't work.

"Aww no way have I got Medusa, the person to hate physical touch smile from a hug" pure sarcasm dripping from his voice.

I quickly gave him a gentle shove away from me somehow not spilling any of my coffee.

"No of course not" I chuckled.

"Ok hurry up and get ready al wait in the living room" he gave me a kiss on the head and left.

—————— end of part one

Authors note

Hi thank you so much for everyone's support on 'hello again' I wasn't expecting that response so thank you. I'm still not sure if I'm going to continue with that fanfic as I'm not sure where to continue on with it so if any ideas in all ears

Just a quick reminder that I'm dyslexic so this is probably riddled with spelling or grammar mistakes

Asher :)