| chapter forty one |

"Was that the last one?"

"Yep," I muttered to the girl behind me as I sprawled out on my stomach.

After successfully being kicked out of the baseball watch party since the boys couldn't keep it in their pants, we sadly had to find sources of entertainment on our own.

"Damnit, I really thought these would last us!" Sighing, I flipped through every last movie I owned, including  every single Star Wars episode, Alien, 12 Angry Men, Jaws, Rocky, Halloween, and at least a dozen animated Disney movies.

I begrudgingly flung the stack onto the carpet, as I turned to the girl. "God, what time is it?"

"Seven." She groaned, "Only my second day and we're out of shit to do."

"Well... maybe we can..." Absolutely nothing. We can do absolutely nothing.

"Wanna smoke?" She questioned, rolling towards me.

"Meh. Too early."

"Any unread magazines?"

"Nope. None."

"We can make more outfits."

"Eh. Too messy."

"We... we can eat?"

I paused, "Great idea."

-

Soon after, I found myself hunched over the counter as Mila ran around the wooden kitchen island.

She wasn't even looking, just grabbing various slices, scoops, bags, and handfuls of random foods.

I was having a great time gorging for zero reason, it's practically become a hobby.

Yet as we had both made it to our fourth bowl of Lucky Charms, I heard something, a faint ringing coming from the hallway. The phone I think?

"I'll get it," I spat out through my mouth full of soggy cereal as I slid off the table.

She, though still downing her bowl, slowly trailed behind me as we entered my room and I answered the phone with a click.

"Hello?"

"Giselle?"

I waited a moment before replying to the familiar voice, "Yes, Giselle Perlman, who is this?"

The static screamed loud in my ear, but I barely made out the low voice, "Xavier. I'll be at yours in twenty, just thought I'd give you a heads up,"

My face dropped, "What?"

"See you soon." And just like, the call was over.

"Hello? Answer me! Xavier?" But there was no response besides the flat dial tone that overwhelmed my ears.

"Well, who was it?" Mila mumbled through a mouthful.

"Xavier. He said he's coming by in twenty min-"

She dropped her bowl on my dresser in anguish, "Oh hell no, I'll take his cock and chop it wi-"

"Hey now, before I left I told him to come to me when he can for an apology, just for some closure. He's an asshole to just spring this on me, but that's just the way he rolls."

"If he even lays a finger on you, I'll kill him."

"Understood," I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Just great.

-

"He'll be here any minute, you ready to witness this?" I chuckled, showing the bowl of strawberries back in the fridge.