5 The Last Day

I lay awake in my bed still exhausted from the events of the previous night.
Jack already left the room to go see Rose again.

It was early afternoon when I decided to get out of bed. I changed into one of my nicer dresses and I soon stepped out into the sun.

It doesn't take long for Henry to find me. We talk for a bit and walk around the first class deck.
Suddenly I stop walking which confused Henry. I turn to him giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before I run off giggling.

"Hay." Henry called and he ran after me.

After almost crashing into multiple people Henry finally caught up to me and kissed me back on my cheek.

"That's it?" I say. He looks at me confused before I pulled him in for a kiss which made both of our hearts race.

"Henry." His Father called interrupting us.

    "Meet me at the bow of the ship at sunset." Henry told me before he left to go to his Father.

As I was making my way around the first class deck I saw a boy climb over the railing and walk off like nothing happened but not before snatching an unattended coat and hat. I sped up till I was walking beside him.

    "Jack?" I whispered. "What on earth are you doing here?"

    "I could ask you the same." He said as we continued to walk.

    "Jack. I didn't climb up here." I say still whispering.

    "Alright." He sighed. "I just need to talk to Rose." He quietly exclaimed.

    "So you need to sneak up here and steal somebody's jacket and hat?" I smile.

    "Says the one who broke into someone's room, twice. And stole two dresses and two pairs of heels." Jack said. We both went silent as an elderly couple passed by, as soon as they were out of ear range I spoke.

    "That's different, I'm only borrowing." I say.

     "Hardly. And I'm doing this because it's difficult for me to talk to Rose when her fiancé is there." Jack explains.

     "Oh, that is a problem." I say. "Do you love her?" I ask.

Jack stops at my question and thinks for a while, until finally he spoke. "Yes."

I smiled at his answer.
"Tell her, let her decide what to do. That's all you can do." I tell him, he nods and ran off.

The rest of the day seemed to slow down, every hour went by as if it was a year, as I waited for the sun to start to set.

(Yes I'm stealing Jack and Rose's seen, they ether already did it or haven't done it yet, you can decide.)

Finally I watched as the blue sky started turning to orange and I ran over to the bow.

I saw Henry right at the tip of the bow, as the sky was golden. I walked over to him.

"Henry." I said as I approached. He turned around and smiled at the sight of me.

"Give me your hand." Henry asked me as he reached out his hand for me to as I walked closer to him.

    "Close your eyes." Henry said.

He smiled as I closed my eyes.

    "Just breathe, alright." Henry told me. "I got you."

I took in deep breaths as Henry guided me, putting one hand behind my back.

"Step up." He said and I did. "Keep your eyes closed, and hold onto the railing."

I reached not that far forward and fell the cool metal bar that I tightened my grip around.

    "Step up onto the rail." Henry told me.
I took in a breath as I stepped up securing my feet on the bottom bar of the rail. I felt Henry's body behind me as I slowly let go of the railing. Henry put one hand on my waist as I fell his head by my ear.

    "Do you trust me?" He asked.

    "I trust you." I tell him as I feel the wind blowing through my hair.

He brought his hands to my arms and slowly lifted them up and straightened them. When he let go of my arms he moved his hands back to my waist.

    "Open your eyes." Henry whispered in my ear.

I slowly opened my eyes and gasped. I look out and all I could see was the water that had a golden colour to it from the setting sun.

    "I'm flying." I gasped.

We stood in silence as the sky turned orange. Henry moved his hands from my waist to my hands as he rested his head on my shoulder. I pressed my back into his chest as I took it the beauty.

Henry soon brought his hand in and around my waist. I turned my head towards him and he slowly moved in for a kiss. I moved my hand to the back of his neck as he kept his around me as we continued to kiss. Both of our hearts pounded inside our chests.

Little did I know that that was the last time that the Titanic would ever see the sun light again.