legacies of titans

THE TITAN LEGACIES
the legacies of the titans
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

DAPHNE
played by marine vacth

DAPHNE played by marine vacth

          daphne was the greek naiad of the river peneus, she was one of the many daughters of the potamoi god peneus and the first love if you could call it love of the god apollo

daphne was the greek naiad of the river peneus, she was one of the many daughters of the potamoi god peneus and the first love if you could call it love of the god apollo. daphne lived with her father and her sisters, the thessalides, on the river peneus in thessaly. having heard of the numerous tales of how the lovers of the gods almost always met with tragic ends, daphne swore off love affairs. the love apollo had for daphne had not happened due to mere chance but from the wrath of the god eros. for apollo, after python was defeated, became arrogant and laughed while mocking eros after coming across him in the form of a child as he played with his bow and arrow and found the sight humorous. the young eros decided to teach apollo a lesson and unfortunately daphne had to play a part the following afternoon eros shot an arrow of love straight into apollos heart by the riverside in thessaly, causing him to fall instantly and hopelessly in love with the beautiful naiad as she was bathing nearby. at the same time eros shot a lead arrow into her heart, striping daphne of any affections for apollo. daphne was described to be beautiful in the typical way that naiads were. however, due to eros' arrow of love, when apollo first saw her, he thought she was even more beautiful than the goddess aphrodite. apollo described daphne to be a beautiful woman with a lithe form, offset green eyes, a slightly crooked nose and a lilac scent. there was a resemblance between her and the demigod meg mccaffrey. apollo approached her and begged daphne's hand in marriage, unfortunately for apollo she had sworn off males/gods due to the numerous tales of how being beloved by the gods hand led many females to tragic endings and therefore she spurned his advances. many then sought her, although she rejected them all and wondered the forest, uncaring for love and marriage. still though, apollo loved her and desired to marry her. but she still fled, quicker than a light wind, nor did she heed his words. just as apollo attempted to speak, a chase erupted with some banter on apollo's side and she in a fearful course, leaving his unfinished words with him. however, apollo, assisted by the wings of love, was quicker, looming over her back and blowing the unbound hair upon her neck. when daphne started to tire and her strength was lost, she paled wearied by the toil of her swift flight and she cried to the primordial gaea for help and the goddess took pity on her, her prayer was hardly uttered when a heavy sluggishness seized her limbs and her chest was surrounded with thin bark. her hair grew into leaves, her arms branched, her feet which were so swift as of late stuck to the ground with roots and the top of a laurel tree enfolded her face; only her beauty remained as she was transformed her into a laurel tree. heartbroken by the transformation that meant he had irrevocably lost daphne, apollo burst into sobs of despair. thus he declared that he still would honor her in his own unique way: he would wear a crown of her leaves and the laurel tree would become a symbol of victory for all time. to this day, she is still loved by apollo, who swore never to marry and referring to her as one of his two greatest loves. apollo still mourns her that to the extent where any reminders — intentional or not — of her would almost reduce him to tears. he now sees that he should have let her go when she rejected his courtship. daphne represents dawn and how apollo chased her for love represents how dawn ends when the sun is high enough.