' O N E '

SUPREME MAXIMUM SECURITY ANTI-QUIRK PRISON: TARTARUS

8:40 PM

crackle

Purple eyes snapped open, looking at the door which once was tightly shut open itself. Leaving itself slightly ajar. Their ears began to ring as the loud sirens sounded throughout the whole building. The red emergency lights shining brightly in the now dark room.

Hands pushed against the hard concrete floor, lifting themselves upward. They stood in the middle of a relatively empty room for a moment before their feet moved towards the large door, pushing it open.

The sound of footsteps running rapidly outside was muffled by the ringing and shouts of inmates. The brief whooshing of quirks being activated rang out through the noisy corridor.

"The system isn't responding to quirks!" A man shouted with fear in their voice. Their hands shook as they typed on their computer.

This made the unknown person glance down at their hand, opening their palm to see a black glow in midst of the red blaring lights. It would appear that after years of being imprisoned the person was able to use their gift.

"...full reign huh..." They muttered before closing the door. They threw their arms in front of them and almost automatically a portal opened.

They stepped through it which led them to a bridge. Turning back they saw the prison that kept them locked away was up in flames. Fights and chaos had erupted.

Though they couldn't stay and admire the scenery. They turned, running into the darkness of the buildings near the prison.

WEST COAST UNITED STATES
10 years before

Alarms blared loudly. Screams of panic and shouts of anger rang out. Five men ran out of a bank, black bags hugged close to their chest. Large grins spread across their lips and they laughed out loud.

"Idiots think they can catch us!" One taunted before crackling to himself. Others laughed and voiced their agreement.

"Maybe they can't, but we can." A voice rang out and a staff extended itself. It stopped right at the leaders feet causing him to trip and fall on his face.

A flash of green tackled another man, causing him to scream in terror. A green tiger growled loudly in his face. Teeth bared as it leaned down as if to bite him.

Small whirl sound and a bright green ball of energy caused the third man to freeze in place. Hands thrown up in the air, bag of money falling and spilling on the ground.

A large man grabbed the other from behind, pulling on his neck as a cannon formed in his robotic arm. It aimed at the man's head which caused the robber to gulp and slightly tremble.

The last man was dragged by a black energy formed into a whip. It pulled him up until he hung upside down. The bags he carried fell along with money he had secretly hidden in his pocket.

"No honor among thieves?" The girl muttered though there was no surprise.

"Oh how wonderful! We did this faster than last time!" A red haired girl cheered. She threw her hands up in a fist, cheering at the easy capture.

The green tiger soon shifted into a young boy, perhaps 14 or 15. He sat on top of the man he had taken down, stretching his arms and legs. "We're just that awesome. I could do this in my sleep." He bragged with a toothy grin.

The boy with the staff finished tying up the man he had tripped. Looking over towards the three members that had began to slack off. "Take this seriously, they can try anything at any moment-." He warned before the man being held by the redhead pulled a gun and shot at the young green skinned boy.

This caused him to move from his place and in so allowing the man that was previously on the ground to shove him and pull a gun himself. He pointed it at the robot man, "let him go." He threatened before his gun clicked.

"You had one job, Beast Boy." The girl said, pulling her hood further down her face. She opened a portal in front of the cyborg just as the man shot at him.

This caused a fight to break out.

It began to escalate after a citizen got injured. After the robbers had apprehended properly a crowd began to form around them.

"It's you reckless kids again!" One of them shouted. Many more following along. Anger dominated everyone at that moment. Fear passed through the young heroes as they became cornered.

The leader stepped up. "Listen up, our attention is solely on the protection of you guys. We do not wish to inflict anyone any harm!" He shouted, hands raised to show that he was harmless.

"Robin, I don't think they are here to talk, man." Cyborg said, eyes glancing over the crowed.

"Protect us?! You have brought nothing but trouble since you appeared!" A man shouted, further inciting the crowd.

Starfire, the redhead, looked around nervously. She floated above the ground, hands formed into fists incase she needed to activate her power.

Beast boy had shifted into a mice, hiding in the hood of the cloaked girl. She was beginning to feel overwhelmed from the vast amount of negativity emotions emanating from everyone.

"Beast boy," she whispered as her eyes glanced around. "find someone else to guard you."

The boy squeaked in reply but didn't move. Though he was ready to jump out if needed.

"Robin, give your orders." Cyborg was beginning to get nervous as they closed in further.

Robin shook his head. "Stand down. If we show signs of hostility they will definitely attack." He glanced to his side. "Rav, can you get us out?"

The girl, Raven, nodded. She slowly lifted her hands, "Azarath Metr-." Before she could finish she felt a hand pull on her cloak, pulling it off her.

Anxiety began to fill her and the others realized. Before things could escalate further a few police cars arrived.