THE NECKLACE

Even today, her neck was empty and red with bruises. She got back the necklace - broken and covered with mud. 

"Ma'am aapko yeh chot kab aayi? Aapne toh kaha tha ki sirf Sir ko lagi hain."

"Dekho. Main theek hoon. Bruise bhi clean kar liya hain. Painkiller bhi le li hai. I'll be fine. Filhaal Dr. Satya ki condition monitor karna zaruri hain." 

"Tum dono yahi ruko. Main bahaar baithti hoon. Emergency ho toh bula lena." 

With her arm resting on the wall, she limped outside for some time on her own. 

Like all other houses in Khadgaon, this house occupied for medical camp had an old swing in the passage. Doors and windows were old styled made from Nagpur teak wood. 

It didn't feel like her first visit. She moved places with Aaba - mostly in rural areas and every other neighborhood had the same story. 

Luckily the swing was close to Satya's room. She sat on it adjusting her kurti with great difficulty. If Satya hadn't shown up on time, the goons would have strangled her to death. Losing the necklace was never an option for it was gold - 24 carat pure gold. 

While she was saved, they hit Satya on head and he collapsed in the middle of the road. 

The siren distracted the gang and they left them drenched lying helpless in pitch dark night of Khadgaon

Her feet naturally pushed forward and began swinging. It took more efforts for her to attain the rhythm. The swing probably was no more in use. Maybe it was beginning a new journey like she had in Kankavli - "the start of something new" for the rains had washed away the dust and dirt prepping it up for the next season.