Chapter 1 - The Rue-tine

POV IKKAN

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

Shit.

!*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*!!

Uugghh...

!*BEEP* *BEEP* *BE-*!¡!! >SLAM<

I forgot to delete the alarm on this damn thing.
Of course I did.
Of course...

I turned off that bane of my existence, as per usual, like every morning. The spite I feel towards this thing.
But I respect the dedication. After all, it has survived multiple dives to the floor.

Well, I hope you know it's your fault.

>WHAM<

Smacking that thing may not positively affect my karma but at least it makes me feel better. A little.
I squinched my eyes and wanted to scream but all that came out of me could best be described as a heavy yawn.

I can't sleep.

*rumble*

"Stop it."

*glrr grrl*

"Mm... stop."

*...grrrl?*

"Ughhh what makes you think I'm still alive."

Is it crazy to have a full-on conversation with your stomach?

"..."

*...*

"..fine."

I would go to the same store every other morning, dependent on my will to live, to get food, coffee, toilet paper. Just some grab.
It's better to go early tho because then there won't be a lot of people around.
Bet the cashiers think I'm a weirdo too.
Well, it ain't my fault that they open at 5:50. I mean who does that? Letting your employees get there by 5:30 because you open, and I can't stress this enough, 10 minutes before the next full hour. I'd be there at 5:55.

Somehow I dragged myself out of bed. My life has been put on autopilot and I just remember situations as a blur. My surroundings seemed to lose saturation, everything smelled the same, tasted the same. I just hope I changed my clothes before I went out. At least the sweater.
But considering the reason I even get up this early I don't worry too much.
Introverts have a hard life, but inklings around here don't wanna talk. The most they do is stare sometimes but I was used to that because of the whole band thing.
SquidSquad wasn't anything particularly popular back then but I knew some teens liked to listen to our stuff while hanging out or during turf.
You could hear them often walking through the streets, blasting music without headphones on.
Embarrassing to know it's my music they're disturbing people with. They're disturbing me with.
But well, I plead guilty, sometimes it inspired me to write new songs or riffs I then shared with Ichiya.
With me being like this, it just felt all so... distant. And since I couldn't hear it SquidSquad had been missing something. At least in Namidas words, and the others agreed.

Getting to the store, which was about a 15 minute walk from my apartment away, I remember specifically not looking at anyone.
I grabbed some black coffee just because of the routine, an egg and rice crisp sandwich because its price had been reduced due to the expiration date being yesterday and put both of them into the holes of my sweater to carry them to- fuck.
Didn't change my clothes.