Chapter 38

Steve pulled into the garage shortly before dinner. Surprised that Violet was wide awake the entire drive home. "Does he know we're here?" Steve asked. Violet shook her head no, trying to fight back a smile. "I'll get your bag, go surprise him." Steve insisted. Violet leaned across the center console, pulling Steve into a hug. "I had an amazing time, Steve. Thank you so so much for taking me!" Violet said happily. She felt Steve hug her back, his hands firmly wrapping around her for a moment before letting his grip on her go. "No, thank you for accompanying me." Steve corrected. Violet kissed his cheek lightly and jumped out of the car, practically skipping to the elevator.

Steve put his hand over his cheek where Violet had kissed, smiling to himself. He already missed how close he was able to be to her over the weekend. He already missed carrying her around, he already missed holding her hand on the rides. He missed everyone assuming she was his wife and how she didn't correct any of them. He knew she was just being nice, figuring it was rude to correct people on something so minor, but he felt his face heat up everytime. He felt his cock twitch in his shorts everytime someone would say it while his arm was around her, his hand settled on her hip. He didn't know if people assumed it because they were together, or because they looked perfect next to each other. Either way, he didn't care. But he knew that Violet had already told Bucky about it, that she shrugged it off as nothing, he heard Bucky on the line joking about having competition.

The elevator opened to the common room. Bucky, Sam and Nat were all sitting on the couch together, all of them lost in their phones as they ignored the movie they turned on. Violet stepped out of the elevator, admiring her boyfriend as he was lost in his phone. Her heart broke a little, he looked tired, she already couldn't wait to curl up with him. She knew that's what he needed for a good night's sleep.

"Barnes." Nat said, making Bucky look up and make eye contact with Nat, she motioned her eyes to the elevator. When Bucky looked, his whole face relaxed as a smile spread across his face. He jumped up from the couch as Violet ran to him. Bucky crouched down, letting her jump into his arms, her arms tightly wrapping around his neck. He stood up tall, Violet's legs wrapping around his waist as he did so. Her heels dug into his lower back as she clung to him, her face buried in his neck. "I've missed you, doll." Bucky admitted happily.

"I missed you." Violet admitted. She pulled her face from his neck, pressing their lips together, her hands lightly tangled into his hair as they kissed.

"Little one, you were only gone two days." Clint said with a laugh when he joined the group in the livingroom. Violet finally broke the kiss, smiling over at Clint. "I know." She said with a shrug. Her attention was immediately back onto Bucky, pulling him in for another quick kiss.

"No more putting it off, did you sleep while I was gone?" Violet asked, holding onto Bucky's face. "I got a couple of hours." He said with a shrug.

"How much did you really get?" She asked, staring at him with worry, her hands still holding onto his face. Bucky sighed lightly, relaxing to her touch. "An hour." He admitted. Violet let out a sad sigh, her thumbs stroking his cheeks. "I'm sorry, baby." She said quietly.

"Don't be. Did you have fun, doll?" Bucky asked. His hands snaked into her shirt as he always did, sighing in relief as his hands were met with her soft, warm skin that he'd missed so much.

"I had so much fun! Do I feel heavier? I look heavier, we ate so much junk I thought my shorts were going to bust." Violet joked.

"No, you do not feel or look heavier, still light as a feather." Bucky promised. He leaned in, stealing another kiss and smiling against her lips afterwards.

"I told her that." Steve chimed in when he reached the common room, having dropped Violet's bag off in front of her door and his own off at his apartment. Steve moved to sit down on the couch, avoiding the seats next to Clint and Nat, he knew they'd be on him about taking Violet away for the weekend. But he didn't regret it, waking up with her in his arms was one of his favorite experiences.

Bucky moved to sit the two on the couch, keeping Violet happily in his lap with his arms around her. His hand settled on her spine under her shirt while the other rested across her lap. "How about we go to bed early?" Violet suggested. She knew Bucky was tired, she was a little sleepy too after staying up the whole way home to talk to Steve.

"No chance, little one. We've all missed you." Clint butted in before Bucky got the chance to answer.

"Hey, FRIDAY told me the kids home!" Tony said excitedly as he made his way into the common room, smiling as soon as he saw Violet.

"Did you miss me?" Violet teased, smiling brightly as Tony made his way around the couch, giving Violet a kiss on the top of the head. "Very, it's quiet here without you. Robocop over here just mopes around." Tony joked.

"You have Peter to bug you when I'm not around." Violet joked.

"I don't mope." Bucky protested.

"Yes you do." Sam and Nat said at the same time, making Violet laugh lightly.

"He actually bugs me, you're just loud." Tony teased. He moved to take the seat next to Nat while the group chatted a little before dinner was ready.

When it was time for dinner, Bucky happily carried Violet into the dining room. "You're home!" Brian, the chef, cooed as soon as he saw Bucky sit Violet in her seat. He rushed over, hugging her from behind.

"I am, how was your weekend without me? Easier, I assume, since you didn't have to make separate meals." Violet said with a shrug. She felt bad that Brian had extra added to his workload to accommodate her.

"Nonsense. I missed you so much, the whole team ate vegan while you were gone, so I could think about you." Brian said with a shrug of his shoulders. He gently touched her cheek before retreating to the kitchen to serve dinner.

Violet refused to let up on Bucky all throughout dinner, her arm wrapped around his, clutching onto him as they ate. His hand gently squeezing her thigh.

"Movie night after dinner?" Nat asked, looking to everyone in the dining room for an answer.

"Can we make it tomorrow? I'm kinda tired and a little sunburnt, I'd like to get a shower." Violet asked shyly.

"Tomorrow sounds good, let her and Steve relax." Wanda chimed in, smiling brightly at Violet.

"Fine. I suppose we'll let Terminator hog you for the night." Tony added in.

"One condition, Peter picks the movie." Violet said with a small smile. She felt like lately they'd always been wanting her to pick.

"No way, kid always picks Star Wars! I can't keep watching that!" Sam whined.

"I'll compromise, we pick together?" Peter asked. Violet smiled over at him and nodded. "Deal. I'll text you my top five in a random order, you pick one." Violet answered.

"Deal." Peter agreed happily.

"So when are we gonna meet Matt?" Clint blurted out. Violet looked at Bucky a little hesitantly, she didn't know how to answer that. Matt wasn't okay with meeting the team until she knew she could trust them all, and she did, but not enough for Matt. She was surprised he let her introduce him to Bucky, even more surprised that he let her tell him who he was.

"I don't know. He's a busy guy. Hopefully soon." Violet said with a shrug.

"You could invite him to Steve's birthday party?" Wanda suggested sweetly. "That gives you another month?" She added.

"Stark, I said no party." Steve said sternly.

"It'll be fun, no strippers, I promise." Tony said, mocking a salute to Steve.

"It will be fun, a pool party maybe? With fireworks?" Violet asked, smiling over at Tony. Steve felt his cheeks flush at the idea of a pool party, seeing Violet in a bikini. He'd probably get a hug from her too.

"Fine, only because you asked." Tony said, nodding at Violet.

"I'll ask Matt, I can't guarantee anything. If he's willing, can his best friend come? They're both like family." Violet asked nervously.

"Or course, we want to meet your family, honey." Nat butted in before anyone else could answer.