OS #2 || A Night To Remember ||

"WHAT!" yelled eighteen-year-old Shiva in shock, sitting on his bed, holding an ornate burnt gold mask with silk ties which looked flimsy and dainty in his big masculine hands.

"I asked, are you going to our high school prom, Annual Midsummers' Masked Ball?" demanded Dev. Every year their high school, Jamnabai Dhirubai International School hosted an exclusive Ball every year, and it was the most sought-after event.

"Hard pass," said Shiva flatly, "I have an early morning with Gaumbi. We are going to visit our suppliers in Amreli."

"Wow! Spoken like every teenager ever," said Dev sarcastically, "Pray tell, what ever will you do without sniffing manure and cow dung for a day!"

"Ha-Ha! Very funny! Why do you need me to go with you?" asked Shiva, curiously. He had heard of this Masked Ball, it was everything the girls in his school talked about, and quite frankly he couldnt think of anything more boring.

"Are yaar, Rishita's best-friend Disha needs a date...if Disha is unhappy, then Rishita will be mad, and I will not get lucky this evening...if you catch my drift," winked Dev.

"EW!! GROSS!"

"So, please mere bhai, tu aa jaa, na! mere paas tickets bhi hai," pleaded Dev.

"Ask Krish!" scoffed Shiva, referring to their sixteen-year-old brother.

"Disha thinks Krish is a loser, she is very picky and she has agreed to go with you," said Dev flatly. At Shiva's stony silence, Dev said, "Oh c'mon! You have officially graduated high school, you will be starting university in 2 months with full scholarship, you work so hard all day at the Store, why can't you enjoy one night of fun! What will one night cost you?"

Shiva pondered Dev's words, What would one night cost him? Making a split-second decision, he nodded, "Fine! I'll go, but you owe me!"

"THANK-YOU mere bhai!" said Dev excitedly, hugging his brother, before running off to his room.

Shaking his head, Shiva tossed the mask on his bed, and went outside to prepare for the Masked Ball, for which he had exactly 60 minutes, he thought to himself looking at his watch. Momentarily staring at his watch, he didnt realize bumping into something until it yelled, "Off! Dekh ke chala kar Bandar, abhi mujhe seriously lag jaati toh?"

Chipkali. Chipkali, the bane of his eighteen-year-old existence. Though everyone thought she was lovely, in his opinion she was pale-faced, knobby kneed, with twigs for arms, who loitered around Pandya Niwas and his brothers.

Actually, now that he looked at her properly, he realized, she wasnt really a caterpillar, she had blossomed into a beautiful butterfly. She had big brown eyes, long nose, rosy cheeks, and the juiciest lips. Made for kissing. He gulped as his gaze went lower, her pert breasts lifted by a bra, as if it were made to be held by his hands. HIS HANDS? His hands? He was losing his mind. Shaking his head, he snapped, "Tu yahan kya kar rahi hai, Chipkali?"

"Main yahan kuch bhi karoon, tujhe kya?" countered Raavi, rolling her eyes.

"Exactly, tu yahan ek unwanted madhumakki ki tarah aa ghussi, aur phir mujhe suna rahi hai."

"Tu apna dekh na!"snapped Raavi, "Aur pechle hafte Dhara Di ne bola tha mujhe iss ghar pe equal rights hai, toh tu mujhse izzat se bat kar. Ek din tere upar raj kar sakti hoon!"

"Aur woh kaise?" he asked mock-politely, as if he were entertaining a delusional patient in a mental facility.

Raavi stomped her foot, bit her lip not having a response to his question. Shiva Pandya, urf, Bandar urf Bhootnath, was the bane of her eighteen-year-old existence. He was mean and rude to her... but as she peered closely, biting the nail on her thumb, she realized he was big, muscular, swarthy skinned, with angled cheekbones, strong jawline and almond-shaped eyes encased in long thick lashes that she was most definitely jealous of. Blushing at her wayward, romance book-ish thoughts, she told herself, don't forget he is mean and rude. She smirked, "Woh aise... chal chod, tere mattar jaise dimag main na baat ghusegi, na tu samjhega." Scrunching her face in irritation, she asked "Anyways, where is Dev?"