OS #3 || An Accidental Love||

||OS 3 - An Accidental Love || By Neetu (IshqKaRang)

17 year old Shiva lounged around the bonfire with his friends. The teachers, the nerds and the "not-cool" ones had all retired to bed. Now, it was just the backbenchers or as the Chipkali liked to call them, the happening crowd. The Chipkali harbored some serious delusions about herself, he thought to himself. They were on an overnight school trip to a local hill station that went by the name of Una. He would have much rather stayed back and helped Gaumbi in the store but Dhara Bhabhi had talked him into going. So here he was, staring at the star filled clear night sky as he lay back on the lush green grass, trying to tune out all the chatter around him, especially that of the Chipkali.

The person in question was talking nine to a dozen to her friends in her usual ditzy butterfly manner. Her face animated and her hands moving in wide arcs as if she was saying something unbelievably important. Must be about the local store running out of her favorite shade of pink nail polish or something, he thought dismissively.

"Time for truth or dare," Priya declared, getting everyone's attention. Everyone gathered in a circle beside the bonfire and Mohit found an empty bottle of coke to spin in the middle.

The first couple of rounds went on with the usual challenges, "name your crush", "propose someone in the group", "dance karke dikhao", "reveal something about yourself that no one knows", etc.

After one spin, the neck of the bottle strategically pointed towards Raavi while the other end pointed towards her arch nemesis in class, Sneha.

Having lost her parents at an early age, Raavi had developed an intense need for belonging and acceptance. She was the teachers' pet, the fashion icon, the "coolest" of them all. People were naturally drawn to her beauty and her warmth so she had a constant entourage of people around her always. Making her Ms. Popular in school. There was no one in their school that did not know Raavi Narayan or did not want to know her.

Sneha, one of the richest kids in the school, was used to being the princess of her realm and hated everything about Raavi. She wanted people fawning over her branded clothes and jewelry but instead, anything and everything Raavi always became the talk of the town. She wanted people falling over themselves to do her bidding but instead, they were more impressed by how a clear hearted Raavi always went out of her way for the people she cared about. It was all Raavi, Raavi, Raavi, and Sneha had had more than enough!

Sneha couldn't help the grin on her face as she got a chance to embarrass the hell out of Raavi. She would give her a dare that Raavi would never be able to complete and she would lose face in front of all their friends, Sneha thought gleefully.

"Achcha Raavi, truth or dare?" She asked her, knowing that Raavi would walk right into her trap and pick dare. "Dare," Raavi replied confidently, meeting what she thought was the challenging look that Sneha gave her.

"Soch le, Raavi. Dare sunne ke baad mana kar degi tho teri hi naak kategi. Aur tujhe sabke saamne maanna padega ki tu nahi, Main Somnath ki sabse khoobsurat ladki hoon aur main hi best hoon," Sneha finished, grinning sinisterly.

"Aise jhoot bolne ki naubat hi nahi aayegi. Aisa koi dare nahi jo Raavi Narayan poora na kar paaye," Raavi replied with a toss of her head.

"Gadhedi phasegi," Shiva muttered to himself.

"Achcha theek hai. Sabne sun liya na? Raavi ne poore hosh mein dare ki sharthein maani hai! Baad mein koi chein chein pein pein nahi chahiye," she looked pointedly at Shiva, sending warning bells ringing in his head.