2: A lonely wolf

Alphas in the Min pack are taught to be humble, resilient, and respectful. They are taught to care for the omegas and the pups but are also taught to respect other's independence.

While there are a few foul-mouthed arrogant Alphas who think of themselves as being better than the rest, they are a lot many of them who are pure gems.

One such alpha is Jeon Jungkook.

Alpha Jungkook may be said to be a part of the Min Pack, atleast in name, but in all honestly, he is but a mere orphan who was given a tiny home on the pack borders, in the hopes to be trained as a hunter as well as guard wolf.

Needless to say, Alpha Jungkook grew up to be a phenomenal hunter and a very loyal guard.

Though he was slightly intimidating for the rest of the pack members, Jungkook was honestly just a little misunderstood.

Shy, introverted, he had never had a good experience with socializing amongst the other wolves. He always felt like he wasn't wanted, which, to be fair, was sort of true. In the pack's eyes, Jungkook was simply an outsider who was given shelter in exchange for his services.

Of course, not all the pack members thought of Alpha Jungkook like that, though the majority surely did.

Alpha Min Yoongi, along with his mate and Luna, Jimin, thought very highly of Alpha Jungkook. They considered Jungkook an important member of their pack.

Alas, they did fail to show it sometimes, perhaps that's why, Alpha Jungkook still felt like an outsider, thus choosing to live right at the pack borders, instead of the pack house like the other members.

He knew he didn't need to prove his worth. His wolf’s strength and courage were enough proof already. He, however, often prayed to the moon goddess in the hopes that one day, he may be granted the blessing of finally belonging to a family of his own.

Soulmates was a concept that Alpha Jungkook believed in wholeheartedly.  He was eager for his mate. Always had been.

He would often visualize how his mate may be, not in terms of physical appearance, but rather in terms of personality.

Will his mate be someone like him, aloof and shy, introverted, maybe?

Or perhaps his mate will be nothing like him, but rather bold and outgoing, friendly with everybody?

Will his mate like the forest like Jungkook did? Or will he adore the indoors more?

Jungkook had so many questions about his mate. And in the night, he would ask those questions to the moon, whispering softly in the hopes that the wind carries his queries and hopefully, wishes so that it may be fulfilled by the moon's grace.

Jungkook, if you haven't guessed it yet, is simply a lonely soul, looking for a tiny space in the heart of the person who is made for him. All he wants is simply someone to belong to and someone to shower all his love on because he has a lot of it to give.

Jungkook doesn't have great desires. None at all. He is content, somewhat. The only thing he desires is a person to call his home, and that would be enough.

Thus, when his wolf has caught a whiff of the beautiful scent that had rattled his whole soul, he finally knew the moon goddess had accepted his prayers. He was overjoyed.

He had followed the scent to the pack alpha's house. Lingering by the front door, he left a bit nervous. What if his mate didn't find him suitable enough? He was, after all, just an orphan the pack had taken in.

What he hadn't been expecting to find, though, was his destined mate fighting for his life from a broken bond.

Jimin had been surprised when he had opened the door to Jungkook sniffing the air, just lingering by the door. The young alpha had shyly stated that he had followed a beautiful scent that his wolf had recognized as his destined mate.   Upon further questioning, Jimin realized that Jungkook was speaking about Taehyung. If that was so, then it would mean that Taehyung was amongst the very few who were blessed with a second chance mate.

Getting two mates was a rare gift from the moon goddess. Many considered it as a phenomenon, for it was difficult to explain.

The moon whisperers, who were said to be able to speak to the moon and hear her response in return , described it as the moon's way of righting a wrong.

In their words, the moon would make two types of werewolves. The ones who were blessed with a mate. The other who were not given a mate but free to choose one.

When a person who was blessed with a mate loses their mate bond, due to an unfortunate but unfair reason, the moon would bind their souls with the soul of a wolf without a mate. And they will become their second chance.

Of course, this theory was something that was highly debated on, but still, it was the most believed in.

And it was one that Jungkook had also come to accept as the truth because for him, it made the most sense.

So after finding his mate in Jimin and Yoongi’s house, the first thing Jungkook did was pray on his knees for the moon goddess to spare his mate's life. He also thanked her for deeming him worthy enough to be able to receive a mate bond since he probably wasn't blessed with one from the beginning.

He may be Taehyung's second chance, but for him, Taehyung was his first and only chance.

He would give up his life in exchange for a little space in Taehyung's heart. He didn't need a lot of space. He could make do with just a tiny one.

He will give Taehyung all that he can, and he will heal the scars left from the previous bond.

He will try his best to heal what is broken and, hopefully, build a family with the mate he has finally found.

It didn't matter that Taehyung is an alpha. While Jungkook has never bowed down to anyone except his pack Alpha and Pack Luna, he will bow down to Taehyung every single time.

Ranks for him were just names. It didn't hold any value.

Alpha, omega, or beta, he had always known it wouldn't hold any importance. What is important, though, is the person behind that rank.

And for Jungkook, Taehyung was everything he had ever dreamt of. His prayers that had been answered and his wishes that had come true. No, he hasn't seen him yet. But from what he has observed, Taehyung is someone who is very important to Jimin. And Jungkook knows Jimin doesn't just trust anyone. So definitely, Taehyung must be one of a kind.

Taehyung was going to become Jungkook's home,at least, that is what Jungkook is hoping and praying for.

Jungkook will not lose this home that he has finally found. Not if he has anything to say about it.

-
This Jungkook is going to be a whole green forest. The perfect kind of partner every person dreams of, only men like this do not exist in real life🤷‍♀️

Let me know your thoughts💜