Stay

"The reason I came here is odd, but I can't live in a clan anymore that doesn't care for me as I care for it." Sunfall began, CrowStar padded in the den he was about to speak, "I wish to join ThunderClan and live here for good" Sunfall meowed. "Join ThunderClan? I take it your clan already knows about this?" Crowstar meowed calmly as he padded closer. Sunfall nodded, looking at BlazingFlame he spoke, "I want to join ThunderClan so I could have a better future. I can never have that with Skyclan." Sunfall meowed. BlazingFlames mouth felt dry. "Excuse me, but I need a drink of water." BlazingFlame mumbled as he padded quickly outside the den, nearing the entrance he heard a low wail coming from the nursery. BlazingFlame changed route and stopped outside the den entrance, BlazingFlame padded inside only to stop dead to find NightDusk alone wailing in pain. "Nightdusk! What's wrong?" BlazingFlame meowed as he hurried closer to the she-cat. "The kits!" NightDusk wailed, "They're coming too early, get BlackBelly!" Nightdusk hissed. BlazingFLame turned tail and raced across the clearing, bursting through the den entrance, "BlackBelly, come on quickly NightDusk has started her kitting." BlazingFlame panted. BlackBelly charged out of her den, BlazingFlame following her. "Stay out here BlazingFlame, these kits will arrive too early to be fully healthy." BlackBelly called as she disappeared in the den.

Time skip
Time seemed to drag by, the sun already dipped below the trees. No cat spoke as they waited for the news of NightDusks litter, they were too early to be born properly. Frail wails broke the silence, every cat jumped up, hope shining in their eyes. Blackbelly padded out, her fur sticking up in places she looked exhausted. "Three kits, two she-kits and one tom. The she-kits are healthy, but the tom.. is sick."  BlackBelly mumbled in defeat. Gasps of horror and surprise rippled around the gathered cats. "What is the tom sick with?" BlazingFlame meowed oddly calm as he padded forward. "GreenCough, it must have carried to him when NightDusk had it, I don't have anymore Catmint, and this late in the season I doubt the other clans will." BlackBelly meowed. The cats around them looked defeated as if the battle was already lost. "So you're saying we can't do anything BlackBelly?" Crowstar meowed. BlackBelly shook her head, "No, I can try my best but I don't think I can save him." BlackBelly meowed. Rage and determination lit BlazingFlame like a fire, "No, we can save him! Those kits are my kin, me and NightDusk already lost NightShade and BlazeHeart, we won't lose this kit." BlazingFlame snarled. "Were ThunderClan, that's meant to mean something! When did we ever let a sickness stop us from saving a kit?" BlazingFlame added. BlazingFlames' claim seemed to spark something in the gathered cats. "Yes! We can save him!" TimberFoot yowled. Yowls of agreement rose into the night sky. "CrowStar, I would like to lead a patrol from all the clans to go in search of Catmint." BlazingFlame declared. Crowstar nodded, "That's very brave of you, but I don't know if the other clans would agree to it." Crowstar meowed, shaking his head. "Then I will go no matter what, this kit won't die!" BlazingFlame meowed, stalking off into the nursery to see the new kits. "BlazingFlame, come meet your kin." Nightdusk meowed as soon as he entered the nursery. BlazingFlame was blind in the darkness, slowly his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he spotted three kits wailing. "Their beautiful NightDusk, good job." BlazingFlame purred as he sniffed each kit gently. NightDusk purred, her eyes were glowing "Yes, they are beautiful, it's just a shame they won't ever meet their father." Nightdusk sighed, her mate RowanWing died a few moons back in a battle with ShadowClan. BlazingFlame nodded, "They won't need one, all they will need is a great mother." BlazingFlame purred softly. "What are you going to name them?" BlazingFlame asked, looking at NightDusk. NightDusk tipped her head, "I haven't thought about that yet, why don't you name them?" NightDusk meowed. BlazingFlame stared in shock, "Me? But I'm only their kin?" BlazingFlame meowed. NightDusk purred softly, "I insist , please name them." NightDusk meowed. BlazingFlame nodded, he would choose the best names for these kits. "HopeKit." BlazingFlame meowed, pointing to the palest she-kit. BlazingFlame looked at the dark tabby next to HopeKit, "ShadeKit." BlazingFlame meowed. "In honor of our mother." NightDusk murmured. BlazingFlame looked at the tom, a frail thing beside the rest of the litter. "LionKit, in honor of one of the great clans." BlazingFlame finished. "HopeKit, ShadeKit and LionKit. Wonderful names, thank you BlazingFla-" NightDusk was interrupted by a coughing fit. BlazingFlame flicked his ear, "Are you getting sick?" BlazingFlame asked worriedly. The fit lasted a few more heartbeats, NightDusk shook her head. "No, I must have eaten something, like a feather." NightDusk rasped. BlazingFlame nodded, believing her. "Well I'll leave you and the kits in peace." BlazingFlame meowed as he got up, he nudged the kits closer to NightDusk, "Welcome to ThunderClan kits." BlazingFlame purred, he padded outside and cats looked towards him. "ThunderClan has three new kits! ShadeKit, HopeKit and LionKit!" BlazingFlame called, his voice ringing around camp.

Time Skip
"BlazingFlame has important news for ThunderClan, come join us." CrowStar called up from the tree where the leaders stood during the gathering. Cats turned around to stare at BlazingFlame as he padded forward, he leaped up onto a small tree root. "I know it's not normal for a mere warrior to speak for their clan, but this is rather important to all the clans." BlazingFlame meowed, murmurs rippled around the gathered cats, some of them were upset but some of them were eager to learn more. "ThunderClan has a new litter of Kits, NightDusk was lucky they all survived." BlazingFlame meowed, gasps of shock sprung from the gathered cats. "Is that what you wanted to tell us? Crowstar should have said something, not you." WhrilFire from Shadowclan called out from his clanmates, BlazingFlame stiffened, "I am honored to speak for ThunderClan tonight, but that's not all. One of the kits is sick with greencough, and BlackBelly has no catmint. With it being so late in the cold season we won't be getting anymore for a while." BlazingFlame meowed. "ShadowClan doesn't have any catmint either." CloudStar meowed. The other leaders nodded, "Yes, Skyclan used the last of it on a case we had a moon ago." HazelStar meowed. "Then no clan has any catmint? Dear, that's not good. BlazingFlame tell them about your idea." Crowstar meowed. BlazingFlame nodded, "I wish to take a group of cats from each clan to find catmint, without it LionKit could die." BlazingFlame meowed. The other clan leaders looked thoughtful before nodding in turn, "Very well, we'll send two warrior's from each clan to Thunderclan in two days time." HazelStar meowed. "Why should we let a young warrior like BlazingFlame tell us what to do?" A voice called from behind BlazingFlame, turning around BlazingFlame spotted an angry SweetSong. Crowstar flicked his head down to glare at the tom, "I'm deeply sorry, I thought my deputy would know better than to speak out during a gathering." Crowstar sighed.