Twenty Eight

"Rebel!? Are you crazy!?" Ashley said.

I turned my head towards her.

"Yes. I am crazy. And I am proud." I said.

I walked to the bedroom door and I opened it.

"Let's find some weapons and bust our way out tonight." I whispered.

Ty shrugged and followed me around the castle as we tried to find a gun or something. Ashley scurried behind us.

"There." I said as I pointed to a hall with weapons on the walls.

"Perfect." Ty said as he walked up to a rifle and he lifted it off the hook it was hanging on.

"Let's kick some butt." Ashley said as she grabbed a machete out of a picture frame.

"I wouldn't take that weapon if I were you." I said to her.
"It seems to be quite valuable and not too effective to wound someone." I said, gesturing to the frame.

Ashley rolled her eyes and hung the machete back into the frame and she selected a small pistol instead.

"How's this?" She asked, waving the gun around.

"Be careful! It could shoot!" I said.

Ty walked up to me and he handed me a medium sized gun.

"It's the lightest I could find. I didn't want to give you a heavy thing to hold." he said as he kissed me.

I took the gun in my hands and I thanked him.

"You two done making out?" Ashley said.

"Yeah."i said and we burst into laughter.

"Okay, no more games. Let's go." Ty said as he lead the way to the foyer.

"Jeez, this place is enormous!" Ashley whispered.

"Shhh!" I said as I made sure my gun was loaded and ready to shoot. My sister did the same and Ty did too.

"I see them." Ty said. "I have them all in one area. Let's duck so they don't see us."

We huddled behind a row of plants.

"Good. Say when, and we'll shoot." Ashley said.

A few tense moments passed, and then I heard Ty say 'shoot.'

I pulled the trigger and so did Ashley. Ty shot shortly after us, and we watched as three guards fell down to the ground. The others rushed to their aid, and some stepped out of the room to inspect who did the shootings. Ty shot the men who left the room and I shot a few more who were still in the room. Ashley was scared, and she ended up shooting the wall a few times instead.

"Aim better!" Ty hissed at her.

"I'm sorry! I don't know how!" She said.

I caught sight of a guard running up the staircase and I gunned him down quickly. He tumbled down the steps and he landed on top of another dead soldier.

Ty shot a dude square in the jaw, and Ashley actually was the cause of that man's death. She shot him right in the heart, and we all watched as he fell to his knees, dead.

"Good job." I said, after I shot out a bullet that hit a guard in the stomach.

"We really are evil, eh?" Ty said sarcastically. He shot another man by a door right in the leg and in the neck.

"It's self defense." Ashley said as she shot the wall again.

"Concentrate." I said. "You can do it."

"Okay. I'll try."

My sister pulled her trigger and she shot a row of guards that dashed for us. They fell to the ground one by one.

"Alright girl!" Ty said.

"Yes!" Ashley exclaimed.

After many more bullets were fired, everyone was on the floor in a bloody mess. The wall that Ashley shot at was pretty badly mangled, and the guards' blood was everywhere.

"Let's go." Ty said as he threw his gun down on the floor and he opened the front door.

"Ash, keep your weapon. It's small and portable." Ty said. Ashley nodded and stashed her gun away in the waistband of her shorts.

"Brynn, put down your gun and let's go!" Ty said. We all fled the castle as Arran around the town to avoid human contact. No one could know that it was three teenagers who caused all this chaos to happen in these two towns.

"Where are we going?" I asked Ty. But he kept running.

"Babe?" Where are we going?" I asked again.

"To the old town." He said.