feelings - Sarah Cameron

You hate Sarah Cameron. Like, hate hate. She's a kook, you're a pogue. Those differences alone make you both hate each other. You're at a beach party tonight when you notice Sarah walking up to you. Something no one knows is, you and Sarah kissed. Last week. Behind the Wreck.

"Jesus." You mutter as you go to turn around.

"What the hell is your problem?" Sarah asks. You roll your eyes and begin to walk away. "Y/n, I'm talking to you!"

"I don't care." You state flatly.

"Well, I care." Sarah says as she grabs your arm and drags you away. "You've ignored me for the past week."

"Yeah, there's a reason, Sarah. You kissed me!"

"You kissed me back!" Sarah reminds making you go quiet. "Why are you running away from your feelings?"

"You're a kook." You state.

"So?" She asks.

"So, we can't go out. I'm a pogue, Sarah. I'm not like you, and I'm sorry about that. Ok? And, let me remind you, your boyfriend is a rich asshole who wants to marry you at sixteen. This, whatever this is, isn't going to work. So, I'm sorry that I'm running away from my feelings. I'm sorry that I want to kiss you every fucking minute of every fucking day. But you're never going to be able to love me."

"How do you know that?" Sarah asks.

"Because if my own parents can't love me, how are you going to?" You ask. Sarah stays quiet before kissing you. When the two of you part, she holds your face.

"I'm not your parents, ok? If I have to learn how to surf or carry you to the car every fucking day just to prove that I'll love you, I'll do it."  Sarah says. You just kiss her again.

Maybe you don't hate her as much as you thought you did.