23. Denial

"I hope it's okay, we'll be staying at one of my vacation homes" Nico spoke up, pulling into a beautiful private estate.

I followed him into the house in awe, looking around and taking in every detail of the house.

"This place is beautiful" I breathed out, standing in front of the glass door.

A dimly lit pool with beautiful views of the city, a firepit, everything I had always dreamt of having one day.

Nico chuckled softly, sliding the door open. I followed him outside, smiling down at the water.

"Wanna get in?" he asked, standing beside me.

I furrowed my brows, looking up at him. "right now?"

A slight smirk appeared on his face, before his arms wrapped around my body and throwing both of us into the pool.

The sensation of the cold water woke me up even more. Nico just threw both of us into the pool fully clothed.

We both laughed, gasping at how cold the water was. The look on his face made me want to do it all over again. It was captivating.

I held onto his shoulders as his arms rested around my waist securely. His shirt was partially unbuttoned, revealing droplets of water against his toned body.

"So, you know how to shut someone up huh?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He pressed his lips together, deepening his dimple. A brow raised slightly. "You're not someone I'd ever want to shut up.  I love hearing you"

I smiled, inching my face closer to his. "you know exactly what I mean"

His head tilted back slightly, lips grazing against mine. "I know"

My legs wrapped around his waist, bringing myself closer to him. He brought us toward the edge of the pool, my back against the wall.

Without wasting another second, he closed the gap between us as our lips collided. His soft lips moved in sync with mine, gently squeezing my waist.

My hands roamed through his hair, tugging lightly as the warmth between us continued spreading.

He pulled away, breathing heavily. His hand trailed up my arm, prompting Goosebumps all over my body.

I leant my head back slightly once he reached my collarbone, smiling at my reaction. He kissed my lips softly, then my cheek and the other.

"God" I whispered, feeling his breath against my neck.

His lips pressed against my neck making me gasp at the contact. I felt him tense against me, sighing.

"You're killing me, love" he mumbled against my neck.

I placed my hands over his chest, tugging on the shirt. This level of intimacy was driving me crazy, I loved it.

His lips were inches away. I grazed my lips against him, before he pulled away, a slight smirk on his face.

Taunting. He was taunting me. I can play this game.

"Nico" I whispered, caressing the back of his neck as my free and unbuttoned his shirt.

Before he could react, I connected my lips to his jaw, placing soft kisses. I moved down to his neck, hearing his breath hitch as he tensed.

He hummed, trailing his hands up my thighs.

"You started this" I whispered by his ear before getting out of his grasp and pulling myself out of the pool.

A rough laugh escaped his lips, running a hand through his wet hair, slicking it back. Suddenly, I can't breathe.