(𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘐'𝘮 𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘐 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘝𝘌𝘙𝘠 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦.) 

 "𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘱?"

Now, there are many ways to go about this. But lets start with analyzing three characters who had a big part in the lore. Wilbur, Schlatt, and Quackity. Starting with Schlatt. Schlatt did some very bad things in his time, for example, abusing Quackity. But I'm pretty sure that was just because he was doing drugs or some shit. Idk. I just feel like deep down, he was a good person. Next we have Wilbur, he plays a HUGE part in the lore. he also did some very bad things, but the biggest one? Blowing up l'manburg. I believe what led him to this was his mental state not being the best, he was basically losing his mind.

And now, Quackity. Some may think he is bad because of the way he got people to join his country, which was made because of his thirst for power. But I believe he was led to this point because of trauma. A common occurrence in the lore was that he was constantly getting hurt. Think about it, first he tried to get married to Eret, which didn't work out. (I'm unaware of why, but I sometimes think it was something to do with his betrayal of l'manburg??) Then, he was with Schlatt but had to leave because of abuse. And last, he was married to Karl and Sapnap but left because Karl forgot who he was and accused him of murdering him. I also think that Sapnap took part in hurting him, even though he was siding with him, technically he was siding with Karl because he stayed with him even though he was wrong and should have gone with Quackity since he was the one in the right, but he didn't. Another thing, Slime was dearly important to Quackity but was killed by Purpled.

So, we can rule out those three. Who's next? Lets take, for example, Eret, Tubbo, and Tommy. Starting with Eret. I am unfamiliar with his lore, but what I do know is that he didn't seem to play a huge part. There were much bigger things than his betrayal. (Again, I'm unfamiliar with his part of the lore. All I know is that he betrayed l'manburg.) So then we have Tubbo. We could say that he was the villian, reasoning with the fact that he betrayed Tommy and sent him into exile. Though I agree that if the two were truly best friends, then he would have sided with Tommy and not sent him away. However, I think that was the right thing to do. Tommy's character was very destructive, and caused a lot of problems. So maybe it was for the best to send him away, but that doesn't mean he should suffer, which was caused by Dream. which brings me to the next person, Tommy. Yes, Tommy did cause a lot of destructions, disagreements, and deaths, but I believe deep down he was kind hearted, maybe he was just fighting against those who did wrong doings.

So far, we've ruled out Schlatt, Wilbur, Quackity, Eret, Tubbo, and Tommy. I think we can rule out everyone else, so now our last options are Technoblade and Dream. Looking at Technoblade, in the beginning he did do some bad things, by later he put his thirst for blood to rest and moved away to live peacefully, and did make some major sacrifices for people like Tommy. So all in all, he was a good person deep down. Which brings us to our final decision, Dream. Countless wars, deaths, fights, all caused by him. But is he truly the villain of this story?

The answer...yes. The difference between him and every other character on the smp, is that he is the only person who didn't experience some form of trauma. (Again, this is written to the best of my knowledge, forgive me if I'm inaccurate.) Nothing led him to do such awful things, all it was, was the thirst for power.

Again, this is about the characters and NOT the real people.