Determined

Kanade's POV:

"Good morning everyone! It is now 8am, please make your way to the cafeteria for some breakfast, happy killing!"

Ouch...my head hurts. Maybe it's from thinking all night, but it was worth it.
I've made it my new goal here in this academy to help as many people as I can, in any way possible. Whether that means distracting them from the current situation with my music or finding a way out. I must do it. Otherwise, we will all fall into despair.

Yesterday, I found a function on the Monopad that allows me to view a brief description of each of the students here. There's an image of each student as their profile, their 'ultimate' skill and their real name, along with a few facts about them.

Ichika Hoshino:
The Ultimate Guitarist
Group: Leo/need
Year: First Year
Leo/need's vocalist and guitarist. Closest with Saki Tenma, Honami Mochizuki and Shiho Hinomori. The school council for her year at Miyasuzuka Girl's Academy.

Saki Tenma:
The Ultimate Pianist
Group: Leo/need
Year: First Year
Leo/need's pianist. Closest with Ichika Hoshino, Honami Mochizuki and Shiho Hinomori. Younger sibling to Tsukasa Tenma. A student at Miyasuzuka Girl's Academy with previously overcome health issues that prevented them from normal activities.

Each student's profile looked like this, there were a few people I didn't recognise so I checked their profiles in case I ever had to start conversation with them.
I also sketched out the school's map from the Monopad onto the back of some music paper and annotated areas where I thought could be escape routes, or at least somewhere with suspicious looking routes. I also noticed a hallway on the map labelled 'Sekai Areas.' If everyone else here has a sekai, maybe the sekai areas are rooms connected to our original sekais? Now that I think about it, Mafuyu said she found a relatively empty studio with music making desks inside.
"Something that Nightcord could use"

Huh. Seems likely. I finally strolled over from my bed and changed my outfit to another sweatshirt. My whole wardrobe is full of them here, Mikukuma really knows a lot. I then picked up my Monopad and the map I annotated and stuffed both into my pockets and started to walk out the door to the cafeteria. I've basically memorised that map by now.

...Ugh... why i-is it so bright... The windows show a really bright, cloudless sky outside but I already know it's probably a lie. Ha... these hallways are so long...
After stumbling about down the stairs for almost 10 minutes, I finally made it to the cafeteria. It seems that everyone else was already there and sitting with people they were closest to. Mizuki, Ena, Mafuyu and a tall, light blue haired girl were already sitting together. From my research, that's Hinomori-san, a second year idol in her group 'More More Jump!', also a past idol and model working for a company called *Cheerful Days. She's very pretty, Mizuki and Ena have mentioned her before on our calls.

"Mizuki-chan, what does your dorm look like?"

"My room? Oh, it's very similar to my room back at home! I didn't look around too much though, I only went in this morning to get a change of clothes."

"Huh? Then why did you not look around last night?"

"Oh, I stayed with Ena!"

"Wait... so you two slept together?"

Mizuki and Ena both look very red. Mafuyu looks like she's in a world of her own, but there shouldn't be much to worry about. I might sit on another table, give them some space before I rush to tell my findings.
I went to get some breakfast. Since I can't really focus on composing with everything going on, I might as well get something other than noodles. I picked up some toast for a change and a glass of water then sat down on an empty table. I was deep in thought and eating my toast when someone tapped my shoulder.

"E-eh?" I jumped up in surprise. My knees still hurt so I sat back down.

"A-ah! Yoisaki-san," said Ichika. Oh. It's just Hoshino-san. "S-sorry for disturbing you, I was just wondering if you wanted to sit with me and my band since you were alone..."

"Oh, it's fine, but thank you for the offer." I smiled softly. At least someone is the same. Everyone else seems to still be a bit shook from the news we got yesterday.

"Ichika-chan!" yelled her band mate from across the cafeteria. It was Mochizuki-san. She ran over to us, a slightly concerned look on her face.
"Huh? Honami, is something the matter?" Ichika replied.

"It's... Saki-chan... she seems a bit sick so me and Shiho-chan are taking her back to her dorm." She sighed anxiously.
"Huh?! Oh no, sorry Yoisaki-san, I'll have to go-"
"No no!" exclaimed Mochizuki-san. "She should be fine. We're just taking her to rest in her dorm, we might give her some space after. Please, carry on with your conversation, it seems important. Sorry for interrupting." Mochizuki-san smiled tiredly at Hoshino and then said her goodbyes to both of us.

"Huh... Is your friend going to be ok?" I asked.

"Maybe... she's probably thinking about the killing game..." She suddenly went a bit quieter as she said the words.

It looks like reality has really gotten to everyone's heads. This might not be the right decision, but who knows...

I pondered for a few moments, and then made my mind up.

"Hey, Hoshino-san, can I ask you something?" I asked hesitantly.
"S-sure. What is it, Yoisaki-san?"

"Would you like to work together?"
960 words