The Iknimaya

aonung's pov:

I tried to not cry while walking out neteyam pod, I didn't want to go to my Iknimaya anymore. Tsireya was out teaching some of the children free diving, but I needed to talk to her, now. I found her teaching the children near me and neteyam's spot, it seems like no matter what I do, I just can't get away from him. tsireya saw me running up to her with puffy eyes and floppy ears, "Aonung! Brother what happened?" tsireya said while running up to me "It's about neteyam.. can you please come home early? I need someone to talk to."  I replied, "Wait in the pod, I will be home soon.", I ran straight over to my pod, hoping none of the sully's would run into me.

soon enough, I saw tsireya walking through the pod, "what is going on?" she said, "I think neteyam just broke up with me reya."  "What happened?" Reya replied. We sat there for hours talking about what had happened, I love Reya with all my heart, she's the best of me. 

"Son, it is time for your iknimaya, we need to go." father said while facing me. sure, tsireya helped me but I still wasn't over what had just happened, but that didn't matter, this was a very important day for my father, I did not want to let him down. 

we walked out to a certain place in the water, there were 3 metkayina men holding down a skimwing, and the entire village surrounding us. this is it, this is the day I become a warrior. 

as soon as we got to the skimwing, I looked around, for neteyam, I didn't know if he was going to be there or not because of the fight we had just had, but I really don't want him to miss this. it wasn't like neteyam to miss something like this. I looked around for teyam, but he still wasn't there, "No, no he has to be here" I said to myself, "I can't do this without him!" I continued. "Son! you have been training for this moment, come on!" my father said encouraging me. I figured neteyam wasn't going to come anymore, it's over. I jumped on the skimwing and made tsaheylu, I didn't think I could do it, all these horrible thoughts were filling my mind, pulling me out of reality, "you're too weak!"  "you're never going to be able to do this."  "you're pathetic!", "son, come on!" mother screamed making me remember what was going on. my father looked down at the sand, he didn't think I could do it. 

I didn't want to be the disappointment, but I also didn't want to do it without neteyam. I looked back at mt father again with tears fulling my eyes. he looked so upset and so disappointed at the same time. me and my father were close, I couldn't do this to him. I just tried to clear every other thought in my head and just go, I stopped thinking about neteyam, my father and mother and just do it. I was smiling nonstop, I was doing it! 

my father jumped onto his skimwing and came up next to me, "come on boy! dive!" he said while looking at me. I looked back at my mother before I dived back in, the whole clan was smiling and cheering for me. my mother had a big smile on her face with Reya standing next to her, I could tell she was proud. 

both me and my father dived into the water at the same time and turned back around to the people. I looked around once more to see if neteyam had turned up when I wasn't looking, I kept looking, but still didn't see him. tuk ran up to me and jumped in my arms as perusal, "aonung! you did it!" she said while giggling. i felt someone slightly tap me on the back, I curiously turn around just to see him, "neteyam!" i said while putting tuk down and running up to him forgetting all that happened. "tuk tuk, go wait next to mama, I'll be there in a second." neteyam said as tuk rolled her eyes and him and sighed.  

"nung... I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it like that! I'm so proud of you ma nung!" neteyam said placing his hands on my shoulders, I smiled and leaned in for a kiss, "I love you neteyam" I said while blushing and looking down at the ground, we say we love each other a lot, but this time it felt different, like it meant more.  "I love you too aonung." neteyam said while pulling me in for a hug, "so... what about that trip to the forest?" neteyam said. 

_________________

I'm going to act like this didn't take a whole ass MONTH... sorry for the lack of motivation everyone.. LMAO