Cure to Migraines [M]

Bryce dragged his feet across the floor, shoulders slumped and eyes heavy until he finally landed on the empty couch with a relieved sigh.

Work today was particularly rough. Bryce's boss woke up on the wrong side of the bed, which essentially meant simultaneous headaches for everyone in the office. His neck pain felt like the last few minutes of San Andreas and all he wanted to do was sleep the moment he got home.

Bryce doesn't usually get migraines. Even during exam weeks in college. But maybe that's because no one ever really hovers over his head during exam weeks in college.

Unfortunately, his boss left him more work to do in exchange for getting out of the office early. Roxanne isn't normally like that, which really is the only thing keeping Bryce from imagining her stuck in a one-way train ride to Mexico.

Before Bryce's vision could completely fall out, the door to their bedroom swung open, revealing Ian who'd woken up at the sound of his boyfriend's footsteps, left cheek pink and marked with bedsheet creases as the result of his habit of sleeping on his side. Bryce chuckled.

"Hey..." Ian mumbled, hugging himself as he approached the blond.

"Hey," Bryce smiled up at him before deciding to stay put and wait for Ian to reach him. If there's a time to be lazy, that time was definitely tonight. Besides, Ian looked so adorable stumbling sleepily across the living room, and he'd hate to miss that. "Did I wake you?"

"You missed dinner..." Ian said instead, though he didn't sound mad, more like a restatement of the obvious.

Bryce walked up to his boyfriend, circling his arms around Ian before murmuring, "Sorry."

"It's okay," Ian murmured back, rubbing the back of the blond's head. "How was work?"

"Fine."

Bryce's tone made Ian pull away to check what was up, and when he noticed the unusual sullen expression on his boyfriend's face, he knew he had a particularly rough day at the office today. Ian didn't need to know what happened, all he needed now was to get this man to bed and if history's any telling, he's kind of an expert at that.

The brunet clicked his tongue before rubbing Bryce's cheek. "You have to sleep."

"I'm fine," Bryce answered with a weak smile, guiding Ian's hand on his nape instead. He gestured toward the stack of papers he left on the couch. "I need to finish this if you don't want me to miss dinner again tomorrow."

"I don't care about dinner," Ian insisted. "Come on..."

"I really can't sleep on this baby," Bryce pleaded, which made Ian drop his hand in exhaustion. "Roxanne's been giving us hell all day about it."

The brunet sighed. "Give your boss some credit, I'm sure she wouldn't fire her best employee for missing half a day's worth of work."

Bryce let out an airy laugh, resorting to his charm by nuzzling close to Ian's shoulder to convince his boyfriend to drop the topic. "Best employee huh?"

It didn't work.

"Uh-huh," Ian muttered, lightly shoving Bryce away before tugging at the blond's wrist. "Come on, let's get to bed."

Even with a raging headache, Bryce was still stronger than Ian. "Can't risk anything," he reiterated, making Ian frown. "She's extremely bipolar."

"Okay," the brunet agreed and for a moment Bryce thought it was over.

Until Ian pushed him onto the couch and got on his knees.

"Hey- whoa, what are you doing?" Bryce's mouth moved in objection, but his hands were completely frozen even when Ian started unbuckling his belt and teasing the waistband of his pants. "Ian..."