Arc 1: Chapter 1

It took far longer than she should have to learn her own name. Although she had a nanny to care for her it was only through her cousin Ijekiel Alpheus that she learned her own name. Jennette de Alger Obelia.

'Huh why did that name sound familiar? Jennette de Alger Obelia... Wait, Obelia?!'

At the age of 2 she realized she was in the Who made me a princess. Or was this the Lovely princess? Well it didn't matter either way because in both books her uncle would try to use her politically in order to be closer to the royal family and her father...

She couldn't imagine calling anyone other than her dad back on earth dad. But now as Jennette de Alger Obelia she was the First born of the tyrant emperor Anastacius de Alger Obelia who was overthrown by the current emperor.

This meant two things; First she was the daughter of the previous emperor and not the current one ( and should technically be dead) and her "father" was probably alive and being controlled. If he does attack the royal family she will be by default on their side and a traitor.

Second, if she could maintain her jeweled eyes as the daughter of the previous emperor she has a very real possibility of claiming the throne for herself especially with the aid of the Alpheus dukedom who are vying for power and their allies she could claim the throne.

Of course in this entire process she could be killed by the current emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia, if he finds her annoying. She also didn't have any formal training to inherit the throne and would probably just be a puppet for someone else, not that she wanted the throne in the first place.

Jennette tried to work through her problems one step at a time and taking inspiration from Athanasia she tried to charm the maids she grew to cherish over time however they slowly distanced themselves from her over time.

They didn't bother to chat with her or even exchange small talk; they merely bowed with a stiff greeting and went on to do their job.

She tried to act cute and gain their affection but heard a few of the maids talking about how chatty she was and how she kept bothering them while they were working.

This really hurt her more so then she would have liked to admit. 'Am I really a bother to them?' crap she felt like crying 'why do I want to cry? Am I sad just because someone doesn't like me.'

She didn't mean to feel like this but people can't really control how they feel; sure they might be able to hide their emotions but that doesn't mean they stop feeling sad.

Maybe that was the reason the original Jennette was so attached to Ijekiel; maybe she hoped he would be fine with accompanying her just to be there yet it seems that wish was too much, for the both of them.

Jennette tried to be closer with Ijekiel but like the others he just didn't want to be by her side. It wasn't that he was rude or disliked her but because to him she was another part of his duty and constant pressure that plagued him.

He was a gentleman even when he was young but it felt like there was a wall between them.

When she heard he was leaving to pursue his studies in Arlanta from the maids gossip she felt a part of her break.

It was hard for her because although they were not close he was the only thing that stopped her from being isolated from human interaction. He was the only person who would talk to her past a sentence and him leaving meant those feelings would just get stronger.

So when she ran to the library to research teleportation spells that could get her to Arlanta what she couldn't have known is all the pain and joy she would have found in the foreign land.