Code Names

TOMMY'S POV:

Okay, so a recap of my day so far: Mrs. Rose is sus as hell, Freya is my designated tour guide regardless of my class, and lunch is free! Speaking of which, that's where I'm at right now. I don't see anyone I know, so I go into the common area (ITS OUTSIDE) and find a table by myself. I'm just about finished when a guy comes up to my table and joins me.

"Sup, mind if I join you?" I don't really see the point in him asking if he was just going to do it anyways.

"I don't see why not. You eat already?"

"Nah, I don't eat lunch. Not hungry. Oh I'm Cameron by the way." We shook hands from across the table.

"Achilles, but my friends call me Timothy." I take another bite.

"Nice to meet ya, how long have you gone here?" He's got a very calm vibe to him. Almost like a dad.

"This is my first year actually. I missed orientation so finding my first class was a bit of a pain, but after that I met a girl who practically became my tour guide." I try to keep eating because I don't know when lunch ends, but he just listens and continues talking for the rest of lunch. He doesn't ask about my face, and... actually I don't think he flinched when he saw me first either. I was just... normal. I didn't think I'd ever get to have that again. To just be a normal kid for once. I've got a bite or two left when I hear the bell ring, so naturally I stuff my face with as much as I can before throwing away my tray.

"You know where your next class is at?" He sees the oh crap look on my face and laughs and walks over.

"I've got Mrs. Albrecht, culinary." He points me where to go and we both get on our way from there. I get there on time with the help of some teachers here and there, and take my seat. Well, after I figured out which way was front on the seating chart at least. I looked at the desk and noticed a very tough looking lady there. She had scars kinda like mine... but you could tell that most of hers came from battle, not... Anyways, she had short hair, like a blood red, and a fancy pair of glasses. It kinda reminded me of Techno's style. Ah, the old Anarchist in Monarch's clothing.

After the late bell rang, she immediately got to work, or rather, got us to work. Her voice was surprisingly soft and delicate compared to her appearance. Overall her class was fun, and I get along alright with my seat partner too. The most she did when she saw me was a little nod, which I kinda liked. It was respect. I never thought I'd ever earn that from anyone, I guess these aren't all that bad. Sometime during the end of class she got a phone call, so she sighed and answered it.

"Mrs. Albrecht's room, what do you need?"

"..." Her expression became very serious as she listened. She didn't speak again for a while. She was intently listening, keeping her expression cold and blank until something the caller said caused some sort of panic.

"A-Are you sure?" The pause this time was brief, and she took a gasp of what I think was relief and sat back in her chair with her hand on her heart and a few tears in her eyes.

"D-do you know where— ... Oh, alright... No, it's okay... You did great... This is great... Thank you T... Alright, you too... bubye..." She hung up the phone. T is a weird name.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her. She looked over at me and gave me a smile.

"Yes, I just got news that some... close friends... of mine, are alive. They were taken years ago, we all thought them dead." She finished out with a relieved smile. Man, that's awful.

"Oh, well, I'm glad they're ok..." I really don't know how I'm supposed to respond.

"Thank you Achilles... Now the bell's about to ring, everyone go ahead and pack up for today." She directed her attention back to the class. I packed up and sure enough, the bell rang. Off to my next class...