At Swordspike Canyon

We get a spiral in transition that transitions to Chris and his pokemon now at Swordspike Canyon

ASTEROPAIOS: Here we are, Swordspike Canyon.

NINA: Wow, that is a big canyon.

ABBADON: And the Wooden Bridge...

We see the bridge slowly swaying in the wind

ABBADON: Gulps Looks pretty long

SHAMPA: Are we sure that bridge is safe? It looks like it could break in two if one of us steps on it.

ASTERAPAIOS: Don't worry, it's perfectly safe. I walked on it before and it held up.

LORELAI: That was a long time ago, but now it looks all old and beat up. There's no way it could hold us up.

HEULFRYN: Don't forget some of us weigh more than others, and it looks like this bridge is not strong enough to hold all of our weight.

RUTHERFORD: Yeah, sorry, but we are not gonna take the risk.

UMBREON: Bre.

ASHNI: Is there another way across this canyon?

She looks both ways and sees nothing

ASHNI: Really, nothing. You'd think someone would build a cable car to cross the canyon, but apparently not.

ASTERAPAIOS: Oh, there was a Cable Car here a long time ago.

ASHNI: Really, what happened to it?

ASTERAPAIOS: Oh, it broke down and fell apart with people in it. A ton of people were killed when they fell in the canyon, so they never rebuilt the Cable Car again

ANJANI: Really, so they thought replacing something, that could easily be fixed, with a rickey old bridge was a good idea. How is that safer?!

ASTERAPAIOS: Hey, I don't run for the Paldea Government, so I can't do anything about it.

ANJANI: Unbelievable.

CHRIS: Well, looks like this is our only option to get across this canyon, so I'll go first and see if the bridge is safe enough.

ANJANI/TERRA: What?!

TERRA: Chris, are you crazy?! This is extremely dangerous. The bridge could collapse underneath you when you're in the center, and we won't be able to save you.

CHRIS: Hey we're on a misson to stop murderous robot, and that alone is insane, so going on this bridge won't be nothing compared to what we're doing.

TERRA: Fair point.

CHRIS: You guys wait here, and I'll check if the bridge is safe to cross.

TERRA: Okay, if you say so.

Chris takes his first step on the bridge, and moves a little

CHRIS: Whoa.

Terra gasps, and Anjani covers her eyes.

CHRIS: Easy does it.

He takes another step, and the bridge moves again which freaks Terra and Anjani out more.

TERRA: Please be careful.

Chris continues walking and makes it to the middle of the bridge.

CHRIS: So far, so good.

The wind picks up, and it causes the bridge to rock

CHRIS: Oh no.

The wind is super strong now, and the bridge is rocking like crazy.

IMELDA: Oh no, the wind is rocking the bridge too much. He can't go on, or else he'll fall off the bridge and to his doom.

TERRA: I knew it was a bad idea to let him go alone. I'm going after him.

Terra starts to run to the bridge, but Imelda pulls her back

IMELDA: No, it's to dangerous for another person to get on the bridge. If you go on there, you could cause the bridge to break, and you'll both fall to your doom.

TERRA: Well someones gotta go out there, and save him. We can't just let him fall to his doom.

IMELDA: How though, none of us can fly out there and save him? We aren't Flying-Type or Dragon-Type Pokemon. I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do.

TERRA: No, there's gotta be something we can do.

IMELDA: Like what?

TERRA: I don't know, but there's just something we can do.

The wind blows ever stronger and the bridge yanks one of the stakes out of the ground that it's tied too

SHAYLEIGH: Uh, guys. The bridge is yanking itself out of the ground.

Terra and Imelda look at the bridge, and sees that the other stake is about to get pulled out of the ground

TERRA: Gasps Oh no.

Terra runs up to the other stake and puts her weight on the stake tring to keep it from getting yanked out of the ground

TERRA: Imelda, help me.

Imelda runs up to the bridge and puts her weight on the stake.

IMELDA: I don't think I can hold it much longer.

TERRA: We gotta try.

With one final strong gust of wind the stake gets yanked out of the ground and the entire bridge falls in canyon taking Chris with it.

TERRA: Chris, nooooooooo!

Terra tears up, leans against Imelda and cries, and Imelda hugs her

All the other pokemon look down and tears land on the ground

TERRA: Through tears Chris is gone, and it's all my fault. I should... I should've saved him, but I couldn't.