𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

The 13th Harbinger Innamorati stood alone

The 13th Harbinger Innamorati stood alone. He surveyed the Liyuen landscape carefully, looking for anything that seemed familiar amidst the rocky terrain. There was nothing, of course; as far as he could remember, he'd never left Snezhnaya. Still, he didn't bother to move. The view was nothing spectacular, simply an old, abandoned village Ajax picked at random to rest in. But Innamorati wasn't social in the slightest, and he'd do whatever it took to avoid interacting with the rest of the Fatui.

However, when a rock hit the back of his head, even he couldn't remain unaffected. He turned his neck a fraction of an inch to the left to glower at the culprit from the corner of his eye (not that said culprit could see it).

The man who threw the rock was thin and pale, with his rifle strapped to his back. A Pyroslinger Bracer, he still wore his uniform but had removed his mask like most of the recruits. He was snickering along with the a couple others, loudly proclaiming, "See? He doesn't do anything! He really is the weakest Harbinger!"

"He's the only Harbinger who doesn't have his own unit. Even now he's leeching off of Tartaglia."

"Isn't he ashamed of it?" questioned another recruit.

The first one - the man who threw the rock at Innamorati - shrugged. "I heard he lost his emotions when he lost his memories. That's why he doesn't care about anything."

"Unfortunately, he didn't lose his ears, Morozov."

Innamorati smirked when Kuztensov, his only remaining subordinate, inserted himself into the conversation coolly. The other recruits flinched, though the Pyroslinger was the fastest to recover. "Well, what does it matter? He won't take action against us if he doesn't care."

"Yes, well. I will." Kuztensov smiled. "Now come with me, we still have to set up camp."

And thus Innamorati was left alone again.

A warm breeze ruffled his open jacket, and he considered removing it fully. In terms of temperature, Liyue had a relatively moderate climate, but it may as well have been Natlan or the deserts of Sumeru after all the time Innamorati spent in Snezhnaya. Finally, he shed his outer layer, just in time for all the tents the recruits slept in to be set on fire.

Though many assumed his mask, which covered his face from forehead to chin, obscured his vision, Innamorati could see just fine. If anything, he could see better than most, because the rest of the Fatui didn't seem to notice the child running away from the crime scene as they tried to put out the quickly-spreading fire. With a sigh, Innamorati dropped his coat and pursued the child at a steady pace. With his long legs, he easily overtook the kid and soon stood right behind him. He grabbed the back of his collar and lifted him, just high enough that his toes brushed the ground. The child stiffened, then screamed and kicked, shouting for him to let go.

Innamorati scowled. "Quiet, fool."

The child stilled, but his voice wobbled. "What will you do to me?"