6 - Scheming

This was the first time he had stepped inside the headmaster's room. The room was big and empty. There was no other furniture besides a wooden table and a chair with purple cushion in the middle of the room. Pictures of some people were floating behind them. There was a lion, a man with hair on fire, a beautiful woman, and many more. The big chandelier on the ceiling was the source of the light in this room. Near the table was three windows with purple curtain and gold linings.

Sitting on the lone chair was an unfamiliar man. The man wore a half-mask resembling a raven's beak. He had pointed ears and short, wavy black hair. He sported a greatcoat over his suit with thick blackbird feathers curling out from its blue collar. He wore black gloves on either hand with golden claw rings over each of his fingers. On top of his head, He wore a mirror-like charm on his black top hat with three keys and a wing-like attachment.

"It's a bird."

Ruggie, who stood beside him, covered his mouth to stop his laughter.

"Welcome to my office, Mr. Bucchi and Mr. Destreza," The crow-like man spread his arms and ushered them to stand in front of his table. Why didn't they have chairs for the quests to sit on?

When the man stood up, the three mirror-like accessories attached to his hip with four golden keys dangling from them, were visible. The headmaster smiled and sat down.

But, any hint of friendliness disappeared as soon as he did that. His golden eyes beamed through his mask. Eyes set on the two students.

"I think you both already know why I summoned you here," The students nodded. "I heard from Professor Clayton that you assaulted him."

"It's not like that, Headmaster Crowley," But before Ruggie could continue, the fae stopped him.

"Let me finish first, Mr. Bucchi," Crowley continued. "When I heard two students attack a teacher, I didn't believe it. Night Raven College may have its share of egoistical students, but I'm sure they will never lay a hand on their teachers." Ruggie's expression slowly turned into relief as he heard the headmaster's words. "So, recite everything from the beginning. Don't leave anything behind."

Hearing that, they started talking. Explaining the event that transpired earlier in the Practical Magic class. How Clayton called them sub-humans and influenced some of the humans in the class to do the same. Crowley's expression darkened when the merman told him that Clayton asked him to end his life. And they ended it with how Clayton attacked them using 'lesson' as the reason. They would have died if Pieter didn't trigger their unique magic.

The rage on the headmaster's face was evident. Cracks formed on the table. The feathers around him bristled, and his eyes glowed.

"How dare that man," Crowley growled. "He hurt MY students."

"Headmaster...?" Ruggie said, noticing the intense magic that started to gather around the fae.

"Ah, my apologies," The man coughed slightly, regaining his composure again.

"Is it possible for you to retract the expulsion? You are the headmaster, right?" asked Pieter. He noticed that this crow man was strong. From that short amount of time, the magic that swirled around the fae was heavy. Pieter's heart beat in his chest. He swore that man would destroy this school if Ruggie didn't call him out.

Crowley sighed. "I will try my best. However, Professor Clayton has certain connections with some people that I can't touch."

Ruggie interjected. "So the rumor is true. That bastard has a connection with one of the donators of this school."

So, the school's money came from donators. That's the reason why an orphan like Pieter could even attend here. He doubted that the original Pieter had enough money to pay for the tuition to enter a prestigious school.