Chapter 9

A/N: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in what feels like centuries. I've been stressed with school but I'm writing this now. I hope you enjoy it and sorry in advance if I start taking even longer to publish chapters. I asked whether to make it Hotch X Reader or not and you guys wanted me to so here's some subtle love.

Y/N POV: 

As soon as we landed JJ and I headed to where the second body was found. 

"It's a pretty busy highway, so it'd be difficult to dispose a body without any witnesses" JJ pointed out. 

"Who found the body?" I asked.

"Mr and Mrs. Smith, they pulled over due to car troubles and that's when they spotted the body" replied the Sheriff.

"Are we able to talk to them?" I ask the sheriff.

"Of course, they're over there" the sheriff says while pointing to the couple.

JJ and I headed towards the couple. 

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Smith? I'm Agent Jareau and this is Agent L/N, we're with the FBI" JJ said.

"We just want to ask some questions" I said.

"Sure, ask away" replied Mr Smith.

"How did you come across the body?" JJ asked.

"We pulled over because our tire popped, Daniel went to change it and that when he yelled. I asked what happened and he said there was a body and told me to call 911" said Mrs. Smith.

"Okay, thank you. You're free to go" I said.

JJ and I head back to the SUV. We sit in silence until we got to the police station. I sit there thinking about how familiar the victim looks but I can't think of where I've seen them. Eh, I'm probably just imagining things. When we get to the police station, we go in and see everyone in the room we were given to work in. For some reason I have this heavy feeling in my chest. Hotch seems to notice that somethings off but he doesn't say anything. 

"Okay, so the first victim's name is Sarah Smith, 23, living in North Carolina she flew here to New York for a job interview, no one has reported her missing. The second victims name is Taylor Jones, 24, born and raised in New York, she was reported missing by her sister Lilly 2 days ago."

'Taylor? That's why she looked familiar, I can't believe I didn't fully recognize my best friend from school.' 

"Y/N? Are you okay?" asked Hotch while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uh yeah, I was just thinking" I replied.

"If you're sure, you do realize you can tell me anything, right?" Hotch asked.

"Yeah, I know, thanks" I said as tears came to my eyes.

"Okay, well let me know if you need anything" he said before walking out of the room.

'Gosh, why am I crying. I need to keep everything together, I don't want the others to get worried.' I then walked out and joined everyone else after I had calmed down.