SFW; Eve goes shopping

Evelyn wanders out of a clothing store with a smile on her faceplate, carrying large bags of clothing in either hand. She hummed a gentle tune to herself as she wandered through the streets to the Eliksni Quarter, where there was a black and white Ketch situated perpendicular to the House Light Ketch. She approached a transmat pad that glowed with a sapphire cone of plasma in the center, the edges of the pad connected to the Ketch overhead by metal cables. Walking into the cone, Eve was teleported into the Ketch, flanked by two pairs of Eliksni whom were moving around cargo to clear a path.

Eve made her way through the hallways, passing a pair of Exos sharing a drink on the way to the throne room. When the door opened, Eve had to drop one of the bags and wave a hand in front of her face whilst coughing; smoke filled the room from a pair of Awoken lighting up cigarettes.

Eve; "What is this, are you two hazing someone in here?!"

The Exo turned to one of the Awoken, a Titan, and planted a hand on her hip.

Eve; "Listen, captain-"

She interrupted Eve as she exhaled a cloud of tobacco.

"Just call me Shirra, Eve."

Eve; "... Shirra. I know it's not gonna permanently kill you or Herra, but is it too much to ask to open a window? All your clothes are gonna smell like smoke!"

The other Awoken, a Warlock that Eve knew as Herra, took a drag and rolled her shoulders.

Herra; "Relax, my little Voidling, you'll blow a capacitor."

Evelyn let out a huff of frustration as she went to the nearest table and set the bags down, shortly after holding up a hand with a Void Vortex to suck up and annihilate some of the lingering smoke, speaking afterwards with exasperation.

Eve; "I'm trying to get you two to look nice for Queen Maras' visit, the least you can do is not hinder me."

Shirra dropped her cigarette and stomped it out before walking over to the table.

Shirra; "We don't even know if she's gonna be talking to us, you know. I'm just visiting, I don't need to be here."

Eve reached into one of the bags and pulled out a blazer of deep azure, handing it to Shirra.

Eve; "But you are here, so I want you to look presentable."

Herra snapped her fingers with Arc Light, disintegrating the filter and whatever was left of the cigarette before walking over.

Herra; "What did you even get us?"

Eve; "I got us matching suits! But they only had two dress shirts, so Shirra gets a different top."

Herra pulled out the blazer meant for her, a dark crimson color, and smirked at the sight of it.

Herra; "I could make this look good, I think."

Eve; "You better, this wasn't cheap!"

-------

That evening, the three were left outside Zavalas' office in their suits, sitting on the benches with various expressions of frustration and disappointment. Ana Bray walked past, and Eve raised her hand, preparing to speak, but she went inside and did not acknowledge the Exo. Eve slowly lowered her hand and pouted, resting her elbows on her knees, sighing before speaking.

Eve; "... Worst 24k I've ever spent."