38

As Thanksgiving break came to an end, all my extended family left. Noah drove Evie and me back to school. I had profusely apologized to her about the whole drama episode with Piper, and although Evie was never the type of girl to be mad at anyone for longer than ten minutes, she was mad at me for a whole day before she had decided to eventually forgive me.

Anika, who had been standing by the school's entrance had her jaw on the floor upon seeing Noah dropping off both Evie and me. Right. She hadn't known that Evie had spent Thanksgiving break with me and my family. And I wasn't going to tell her either. Quickly muttering 'not it', I got off the car as Evie gave me a stink eye, completely understanding what I had now put on her shoulders.

As she got out of the car, giving a half-assed giggle-filled "I spent Thanksgiving with Addie and her family" story to a very confused and curious-looking Anika, I quickly pulled Noah into a tight hug, mumbling under my breath about how much I was going to miss him. He said he'd miss me more before driving off. Evie and I stood next to each other and waved as he drove off, my heart longing for the next weekend that I would see him and my other friends again.

Dawn was already back at school, but my other friends weren't. "They'll only be here tomorrow," Dawn said, a yawn escaping her mouth, "It's only you and me today."

"Oh," I nodded, "Okay."

"Do you want to go play some badminton after some time?" she asked out of the blue, "I've been sitting the whole week, I need some physical activity."

I grimaced. I didn't need any physical activity. Sighing though, I let the pushover in me take over. "Sure."

"You're a Godsend, Addie," she grinned and I mentally rolled my eyes. I cannot wait for tomorrow.

Though when tomorrow arrived, I couldn't help but wish to reverse time.

As soon as I stepped into the hallway, I had known something was wrong. People were pointing at me, talking, whispering and some were even laughing, the actions so familiar to me now and I almost sighed, completely giving up. I didn't like déjà vu, have I told you that? What was it this time, stink bomb inside my locker again? Or did they vandalize something else that belongs to me? My books are destroyed?

Where the Hell is Clarissa?

I had expected something juvenile, something childish like a couple of dicks or an ugly cartoon drawing of my face, but I hadn't expected what they had done. I don't think anyone could have expected it.

My pictures were stuck everywhere in the hallway – not just any picture, my nude picture. Okay, not mine, per se, because that was not my body and it was clearly morphed, but someone had taken the time to take someone's naked body and cut and paste my face on top of it. And as if that wasn't enough, the words Adeline Kingsley is a slut, a whore, and a skank was written on top in big bold letters.

The horror of the situation washed over me and I immediately felt faint.

"What the -?" Dawn seethed, quickly taking two steps forward and tearing the picture off the wall, her eyes wide and red with anger. "Hey, you!" she pointed at a random Freshman, motioning her close, "I want you to take a few people and tear down as many pictures as you can."

The girl nodded, a little scared. I wouldn't lie, even in the situation I was in, I would be scared of the look that Dawn had given that girl. She looked murderous. "Um, Dawn?" she said, hesitating only a little, "That's going to take hours, it's all over the school?"

A pause, before Dawn burst open, "What?!"

The girl, whose name we still didn't know, winced, her pitying glance turning to me for a second before moving back to Dawn, "They've stuck it all over the school – whoever did this must have spent the whole night putting it all up."