How to choose the right bearing from Manufacturer

A bearing is a mechanical component that allows minimally frictional relative motion between two pieces, such as the shaft and the housing. While choosing these bearings, it's crucial to consider a number of elements like bearing friction, temperature, and lubrication.

The bearings provide the following purposes.

· The bearing makes sure that the shaft or axle may freely rotate with the least amount of resistance.

· A bearing stabilises and maintains the position of the shaft or axle.

· It absorbs and transfers the forces acting on the shaft or axle to the frame or foundation.

Bearing classification

· Depending on load applied

o Radial bearing- Which takes load perpendicular to shaft.

o Thrust bearing- Which takes axial load.

· Depending upon type of friction.

o Sliding contact bearing.

o Rolling contact bearing

SELECTION OF BEARING

Ball bearings are utilised for light to medium radial loads, whereas roller bearings are chosen for strong loads and large shaft diameters.

When a misalignment between the axes of the shaft and housing is anticipated to occur, self-aligning ball bearings and spherical roller bearings are used.

Whereas cylindrical roller thrust bearings are advised for heavy thrust loads, thrust ball bearings are used for medium thrust values. Thrust loads can be carried by double-acting thrust bearings in either direction.

When the load acting on the bearing consists of both radial and thrust forces, deep groove ball bearings, angular contact bearings, and spherical roller bearings are ideal. The maximum speed that the shaft is permitted to travel at is determined by how hot the bearing becomes.

Deep groove ball bearings, angular contact bearings, and cylindrical roller bearings are suggested for high-speed applications. In some applications, such as machine tool spindles, rigidity dictates the choice of bearings.

Under these circumstances, double row cylindrical roller bearings or taper roller bearings are used. The system's stiffness is increased by these bearings' line of contact, which is superior to ball bearings' point of contact.

In some applications, such as those involving home appliances, noise becomes a selection criterion. Deep groove ball bearings are preferred for these applications.

https://adarshbearings.com/