First day

may 9 1960
My 10th birthday I finally got to go to the most pristine private school. My mother was so pleased "I expected nothing less from you" she said combing my hair, "now I expect you to get top marks and to visit and give me a full report on holiday" she said as i put on my uniform "yes mother" i said looking at myself in the mirror. My mother always wanted the best from me and I did as she wanted because I didn't want to fail her. When I got to the school I was very nervous. I was usually sociable around my mothers friends and their kids but I only did it for my mother. It's still scary to talk to people I've never met before. "Hello" someone said, I looked to my right and i saw a boy "um..hello" i said, he smiled at me then started shaking "isn't this exciting" he said, i cracked a smile "yeah.. Something like that" i said, he held out a hand to me "i'm alexander, but you and just call me alex". I took his hand "Jasper," I said, as we finally got to the auditorium. "Welcome everyone, I hope you're excited to learn from the very best and impress the rest, cause this school is no joke. Three strikes and you're out." The headmaster said "now everyone follow the instructor in front of you to your dorms", I looked in front of me to see a man with his arms behind his back "follow me" he said, guiding a group of us to a hall that said 'boys'. "There are two beds in a room, i will pair you up by last name alphabetical" he said as one boy after another went into the rooms "now lets see, jasper kite and alexander king." he said as me and alex went to go stand in front of him "yes sir?" Jasper chirped, "you two will be sharing this room" he said looking down to us. "Yes sir" I said as he walked off to the next room.

"What a coincidence," Alexander sang, jumping toward me. I just looked at him then went into our dorm, at least it wasn't someone new. I started unpacking my stuff as Alexander sat on my bed "hey are you hungry" he asked. I kept unpacking my thing "no, not really " i said, as i turned to get the rest of my stuff, alexander was in front of me. His face was so close to mine I almost fell over trying to back up, I could feel my face heat up "what the hell!" I said as he giggled a bit, I finally looked at him. He had red hair and looked pretty skinny "sorry, didn't mean to startle you just wanted to see what you were doing" he said holding him hand out for me, i brushed his hand away and got up fixing my hair and brushing myself off "i'm unpacking, shouldn't you be doing the same'' i said glaring at him a bit. He hit his head "right, kinda forgot" he said backing up a bit and unpacking, i sigh "i'm sorry, i'm just not use to this and i'm not as social as i may seem" i said trying to avoid his eyes, i glanced up to see him smiling "it's fine, i must of got too close, we did just meet" he said, i smiled back at him and we finished unpacking then the speakers went off "everyone to the dining room, dinner will be served there" it said, i fixed my hair and adjusted my clothes, alexander waited for me at the door with a smile. I smiled back, "lets go'' I said as more boys came out with us. One of them bumped into me "whoops sorry" he said with a giant grin, I couldn't help but smile back "it's fine '' I said as the boy turned around and joined his friends. Alex glared at him "that's Ronald, most people call him ron. He should watch where he's going next time" alex said, i patted his shoulder "it's fine, really" i chuckling a bit, he glanced at me then smiled "ok, lets go, don't wanna miss dinner" he said grabbing my wrist and running, pulling me along. He giggled while I was tripping over myself, he stopped at the dining hall. I pulled my arm back and caught my breath then fixed my shirt and hair, Alex just laughed. "Don't...ever...do that again" I said, slowly catching my breath, "oh, come on. If we didn't run we would've missed dinner." he said playfully. "No, we wouldn't of" i said, a bit annoyed, "oh, come on. you loved it" he said scrunching his nose. I grined "shut up" i said chuckling with alex, then i felt an arm around me "you boys were pretty fast" someone said, i turned around to see ronald.

I smiled "hey" i said quietly, Ron smiled at me "hey" he said pulling me close to him "wanna eat with me, pretty boy" he said. I could feel my face heat up "s-sure" i said, smiling uncontrollably, he chuckled "great." while pulling me to his table, leaving Alex to follow us in the crowd. I stumbled a bit and tripped once, having Ronald catch me, Then we finally got to the table. Ronald sat down then tapped a free seat next to him, I smiled and sat down. I looked around the table to see a lot of people, then Alex finally caught up, out of breath. Ron looked at him "yes?" he said, tilting his head, his hair now off his shoulder a bit. "I was...gonna eat with you" he said slowly catching his breath. "Did i ask you to eat with us?'' Ron said with a chuckle, "I thought you asked us to-" Ron cut Alex off "I asked him to eat with us" he said his arm around my shoulder. I looked at Alex who looked a bit mad. "I'll see you later in the dorm, ok?" I said, trying to hold back my smile. "Fine" Alex mumbled as he disappeared into the crowd "who does that guy think he is?" Ron said leaning to me, "uh..um he must have gotten confused" I said giving him a small smile, "well, he shouldn't have assumed" he said leaning away from me. "Let me introduce you to the table," he said, gesturing to the people at the table. "The girl over there is Sophia," he said pointing at the girl with blond hair with braids pulled back into a ponytail. "hi" she said softly, with a smile. "Hi" I replied, giving her a small smile back, "then there's john and jefferson" he said pointing at two boys playing footy. Jefferson lifted up his head "hey" he said waving, then there was a loud thump "ow!" he said as john shouted yes smiling wildly "hey" he said holding out his hand. I looked at jefferson who was rubbing his leg, i took john's hand and shook it "hey" i said, "so whos this kid" a kid said who looked like he got woken up by the noise "micheal, this is...uh...introduce yourself" ronald said with an sorry smile.

"Oh! I know you, my parents go to your mothers party all the time. I saw you there one......ummmm... Jasper kite! Right?'' Jefferson said, I nodded and smiled "yeah '' I said softly. "Jasper, like the stone. Nice, you're like stone yourself, Very pretty '' Ronald said his arm over me again. Then dinner was served "finally! I feel like i would've eated my own stomach" john said pretending to faint, than jefferson caught him "come on don't die right before eating. Do that later in your bed" he said fanning john who had his tongue out, he giggled then got back up "ok, fine" he said rolling his eyes with a smile. "You two seem pretty close, '' I said, picking at my food a bit. "Yeah, me and jeffy are besties, this close" he said, twisting his middle and index finger and wrapping his arm around jefferson. Jefferson brushed him off and rolled his eyes. "I was stuck with this dork cause we live so close to each other and now we're sharing a dorm together cause our last names are close together. I've spent 10 years with this idiot and now i have to spend 9 more WHILE sharing a room with him" jefferson said annoyed, "oh, come on, you know you love me" john said giving jefferson puppy eye. Jefferson smile "fuck off" he said pushing john a bit, i smiled and looked around the table, micheal left first, but i didn't see him leave, i continued looking around the table and when i got to where sophia was our eye met, she looked down shly. I smiled awkwardly "i think sophia likes you" ronald whispered, my face burned up "what?!'' I whispered back, glancing at Ron and how close he was. "I mean  come on, shes blushing to her ear" he whispered pointing at her ear, it was a bit pink "she could just be shy" i whispered, still focus on ron. Sophia looked up again and glanced back again, this time making eye contact with me then glancing to my right, then smiling and looking back down "see she did it again, she has to like you" ron whisper, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I Stopped thinking about Sophia and went back to focusing on Ron ''like i said, s-she could probably be shy" i whispered glancing  back at him, he smiled "then do you like her?" he asked, "what?" i said confused.

"Do you like her, your face is all red" he said pointing at me playing with my hair a bit. "Um..no?" i said not sure. "What are we talking about?" john said with him and jefferson now in the conversation, "i think sophia might like jasper, she keeps looking over and blushing" ronald said. John and jefferson looked at him then each other then started laughing "what?" ron said with a confused smile. "We knew you were a bit stupid but not this stupid" Jefferson said trying to breathe after laughing uncontrollably. "Well, everyones stupid to you-.. Wait what do you mean?" ron said still confused, "she doesn't like jasper, she likes you" john said still laughing. Then ron's face goes red then he looks at sophia then looks back "what?!" he said as quietly as he could, they started laughing and whispering coversing on how ron didn't notice. They've obviously known each other for a while, so I felt a bit out of place. I got up "i' done eating, I'm gonna go to my dorm, uh...See you guys around?" I said waving goodbye, "yeah, see you around," Ron said with a smile, his face still a bit red. I left and went to my dorm, hoping alex wasn't there. I would kinda like some time alone, when I got to my dorm I took a deep breath and opened it. To my luck he wasn't there. I relaxed and sat on my bed. I got out my journal and wrote about my day, i wrote about Ron and the misunderstanding with Sophia, I wrote about John and Jefferson and their friendship and I wrote about Alex and how I should be nicer to him, that's what my mother would've wanted. I yawned, a bit tired though it only being seven.

I closed my journal and laid down then alex came in, i sat up and he looked at me surprise "oh i didn't expect you to be here, i thought you'd be with ron and his group" he said going to his bed "yeah, i felt a bit out of place so i left early" i said with a weak smile, i felt so tired though i didn't really do anything today. Alex smiled at me "tuckered out?" he said with a nod, "yeah" i replied with another weak smile, alex is nice but i don't really feel like talking anymore. "Well one of the boys is throwing a party in their room, so it might get a bit loud. I'm gonna go, sorry if i wake you coming back in" he said with a sorry smile. I only hummed in response, then he was out as quick as he came. I slowly nodded asleep, I heard some music in  what felt like minutes later, I just went back asleep, then it stopped. I heard the door open then close, I heard stumbles, then some rustling, then I felt someones back against mine "hm?" I said turning around to see what I think to be Alex curled up. "Alex you're in the wrong bed" I mumbled, he just grumbled and groaned then mumbled "I don't like dark" he sounded a bit weird, I groaned and went back to sleep, it was kinda nice knowing someone else was here. Reminds me of how I used to sleep with my mother when i was younger, i dozed back to sleep and had a dream of my mother humming while she was holding me, her hands on mine rubbing my palms. It felt so calming, I would fall asleep immediately, I felt she would always be there, Then her arms went around my torso and I started to slowly fall asleep