(12)

After a few days, most of the hunters got used to the dragons and dragon riders, but there was a small group of people who worked for someone named Krogan that highly disliked the idea. Granted, Hiccup didn't care, nor did anyone else. This fact pissed Krogan off, but deeply amused Viggo and Hiccup, and why wouldn't it? It's funny.

Hiccup walked up to Viggo, Ryker, and Krogan, making sure he remained silent, as he walked towards them from behind Krogan. "Hello." He said once he was right behind Krogan, making him jump and turn around sharply to face Hiccup. Viggo and Ryker both struggled not to laugh at the man, as he looked at Hiccup in shock. 

"Where did you come from?!" Krogan yelled, as Hiccup looked at him with a deceivingly dull look in his eyes. "What do you mean? I simply walked over." Hiccup said, his voice dripping with amusement. At that, Ryker burst out laughing, and Viggo cracked a smirk at the fact that Hiccup was expressing himself more. Krogan was significantly less happy than Viggo and Ryker about this situation. "I don't see what's so funny." Krogan grumbled spitefully, as he glared at Ryker. "That's because ye' don't have a sense of humour!" Ryker said loudly, making multiple people around them laugh.

Krogan huffed before walking away. When he looked back to glare at them, Hiccup waved at him, making him even more angry. Ryker gave Hiccup a caring pat on the back before speaking. "That was great! You should do it more often lad!" He said with another laugh before going to do his job. Hiccup smiled slightly at the complement. "I'm glad you're expressing yourself more." Viggo said with a small smile. 

Hiccup didn't know what to say. He hadn't even noticed the change himself, and the people of Berk couldn't care to notice any emotional changes in the people they cared about, let alone the hiccup of the village. The boy just stared in shock, until Viggo spoke once again. "Are you alright?" Viggo asked, referring to Hiccup's thousand yard stare. "I am fine...It's just..." He trailed off. Viggo seemed to realize that Hiccup didn't know the right words to say and asked instead. "Are you not used to expressing yourself?" He asked. "I'm not, but it's more so that anyone noticed the change that I'm not used to..." Hiccup replied quietly.

This concerned Viggo greatly. Why would someone like Hiccup not be used to being seen? "You're not used to people noticing change?" He asked. "No. They would notice change. They just never spared me a glance." Hiccup corrected with a small shrug. Viggo couldn't believe how calm Hiccup could be about being neglected. "Why would they ignore you. You're intellect rivals that of great chieftains!" Viggo worried, losing his composure. "Snotlout and I come from a village focused on physical strength. They do not care how smart you are. They only cared if you could kill a dragon." Hiccup said, making Viggo understand what he meant when he said he had betrayed his tribe. He went against all of that. Helping dragons every chance he got, being as smart as Viggo, leaving his home, and even bringing someone else to his side. Hiccup was completely different from his peers, and that relegated him to the background, so now that he's being seen and cared about, he simply isn't used to it.

"In that case...I hope us hunters can give you the life you deserve." Viggo said with a smile. Hiccup looked at him for a moment, processing what he just said. "Thank you Viggo." He said with a smile of his own.