CHAPTER 1- BEGINNING

Zuke mansion, year 31010...

From inside the locked room footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs. The sound kept coming closer to the door on the east wing of the grand staircase.
Then it stopped right in front of the closed door. The pair of tiny hands reached out and touched the door knob, settling on it. Chants whirled round and round in the head of the little being standing there.
Slowly the door knob turned and the little being entered. Lucris, who was entering the house at about the same time saw the back of the young lady entering through and time seemed to stop. Lucris ran but seemed to be too slow because the closer he got the nearer she went into the room.
He immediately used the hand teleporter and appeared right behind her before yanking her back by her shoulders.
The moment he pulled her, he could see the large portal that was awaiting her arrival.
He closed the door and sealed it with a lock spell.
He turned and looked at the young lady who was stuck in a trance. She was totally possessed.
"Madam, are you alright?" he asked shaking her a bit. Her eyes which were jade green immediately changed back to their normal grey.
"Aah" she yelped as she came back to her senses. She looked up at the man before her. "Lucris" she said as she enveloped him in a hug.
"I tried to-to stop it but the pull was so strong. And I could hear chants, it was dragging me here." she said sobbing with her head buried in his chest.
"Shh, it's okay. Let's just be grateful I was here just in time. Otherwise we would have come looking for you in a different place, dimension and time line". He said pushing her out of his embrace with his hands firmly on her shoulders.
"But next time Miss Lexi, don't be too comfortable when giving me a hug. You know how Master Kian feels about you hugging other people apart from him, especially men."he said not looking directly into her eyes.
" But how could he, ughh! You're our butler. And plus you're like a father to me.
Why on earth should he get angry if I hug you. You know I can't be here doing nothing, going nowhere talking to myself all day while he's out there saving people.
So then who can I hug and is not a threat other than him, who is barely around these days. "she said pouting her lips.
Lucris just remained silent before clearing his throat to draw her attention to the presence that had appeared." Mghmm! Miss Lexi, I think that would be enough "he said looking at her face then something behind her.
She still didn't get the hint and continued with her ravings.
" No Lucris, it's not enough. So what if he's my husband, my soul mate, my bond. I love him and only him but that doesn't mean he
should treat me like a prisoner.
You know life, 'this life of mine' would be a bit more interesting if he actually took me on one of his adventures "age said, a tear falling from her eye.
Before it could touch the floor a small vile caught it. The tear in it began to glow then the volume increased before finally taking a golden hue.
The hand, belonging to Lucris who was holding the vile retracted gently before sealing it.
"Miss Lexi, apart from being his bond, you are very dear to Master Kian and you have certain abilities that make you wanted by a lot of evil people. So please understand him" Lucris said while putting the vile in his pocket.
"But I feel so lonely when I'm here without him" she confessed. She bent her head to to wipe another tear when she felt the atmosphere change.
She looked up and saw that Lucris was gone. Her eyes widened a bit before turning around to meet a large body of a man standing in front of her.
Her widened eyes went even wider at the thought that he had been standing there throughout her whole conversation with Lucris.
"Is that why he kept looking behind me?" she thought. She subconsciously face palmed herself.
"Kian" she said but before she could spout another word they were in their bedroom.
"So you would like to be hugging other people, other 'men' in my absence is that so" he said as he pinned her against the wall.
Lexi was too shocked at the sudden turn of events that she couldn't answer. She was on the verge of tearing up.
Kian noticed it and brought his face loser to hers. "No no no don't cry. You know too well that it hurts me when you cry. U remember you saying tou love me." he ended.
Lexi's face immediately went pale at his last words.
"Why do you seem so shocked. You said you love me right?" he asked raising a brow. She lowered her head before modding shyly. "That's my girl" he said using his finger tip to lift her chin up so that she was looking at him.
"I want to hear you say it to my face"he said. Lexi's face was full of bewilderment at what he asked for."Since we got married I've been the one pouring out my love for you, don't you think it would be fair if you did the same?"
Lexi immediately looked down a began to fumble with her fingers but Kian raised her head up again.
"Ah-ah-ah,look into my eyes and tell me you love me"he said. Lexi gulped at all the embarrassment she was feeling at the moment. She wished the ground would just open and swallow her.
"I-uh I love you "she said almost like a whisper."Huh? what was that. I didn't really hear tou clearly"Kian said as a smaile gradually formed on his lips.
"I said I love you, okay?"she said in a bit louder voice suddenly." I love you a lot. More than any thing with all my heart" she said as a stray tear fell from her eye. She didn't know why she was crying but it just happened.
Kin leaned foward " hey, you don't need to cry to prove it. I believe you" Kian said but soon she could feel his lips at the corner of her cheek where her tear had been. He kissed it away then pulled away to look at her.
He always had a way of looking at her when ever they got intimate and it would drive her mind insane sometimes causing her heart to skip beats.

I hope you love it. This is my first book I'm writing so I'm a little nervous at the feed back. Please continue to read. I'll update regularly.