sleepover 💤🍿

(this is my first ever fanfic so please be nice! I think this is fluff? I'm probably wrong :p it's written in 3rd person limited omnipresent narrator! :3)

anyways sorry 4 rambling here's the story lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a late, dark night. The light drumming of the rain on the roof played a definite role in the dead sleepiness of the rest of the girls. If you listened closely, you could hear Sayaka's light snoring.

The Puella Magi Holy Quintet, as well as Nagisa Momoe, had agreed to move in together in a large cabin. It had Ever since the Puella Magi Holy Quintet had all moved into the place, she had been very excited. However, for the first week, she had been suffering from sleep deprivation. This was another one of those nights. She lay awake, mostly staring at the ceiling.

As she turned to the wall beside her, she started to wonder if maybe moving in with everyone else was a mistake. She was happy that she got to be with Madoka, but she also started to feel disdain. She didn't know what exactly was causing them. Maybe the unfamiliar environment? Homura couldn't tell.

She took a deep breath and tried to shake off the negative thoughts, reminding herself that this was her chance to be closer to Madoka and the rest of the girls. She smiled at the thought. She knew that if she didn't get into a good sleeping pattern by next week, she'd probably be cranky and irritable whenever they went out to do anything. Her worries raced around her head.

Suddenly she heard something fall on the floor next to her, from the top bunk. Upon closer inspection, it was a plushie. A large squishy cow. She was surprised to see it. Had Madoka dropped it in her sleep?

"Madoka-chan?" Homura whispered. No response, but she heard a soft giggle coming from the top bunk of the bunk bed. "Madoka... I hear that!" She smiled. "You dropped your plushie."

"I didn't drop it, I gave it to you!" Madoka replied. "I could tell you were awake. Is something wrong?"

Homura seemed surprised. "That's sweet, Madoka..." She blushed slightly and hugged the cow tighter to her.

She came to a sudden revelation. "Madoka... how did you know I was awake unless you were?" she teased.

"I couldn't sleep either." She climbed down the ladder and sat on Homura's mattress. "I had a really bad nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep."

"Oh..." She seemed a bit nervous and embarrassed.

"Wait a minute, you haven't slept at all, Homura?" Madoka seemed worried. "Do you need melatonin?"

Homura sighed. "Not really. I'll be fine."

"If you say so... do you wanna watch a movie? We could watch Cinnamoroll The Movie. It'll help you sleep. I have snacks too. Let's have a mini sleepover." Madoka smiled brightly at her.

"R-really? I mean, are you sure?" Homura stumbled over her words a bit. Even after all this time, some of the things Madoka did were enough to fluster her. "I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"Come here, we're gonna make a pillow fort. The top bunk is enough to support both of us!"

Madoka took both of the pillows from Homura's bed and moved them to the top bunk. She arranged them so they formed a tent-like structure over her bed. She kept arranging pillows and blankets so that she could make the pillow fort.

"Ok!" She placed the last pillow down, finishing her pillow fort. A look of accomplishment spread across her face.

"It looks great, Madoka... how many sleepovers have you had in the past?" Homura stared at the fort in awe of her creation.

She sat Homura down on her pillow fort and gave her a blanket. "Well, I had a ton with Sayaka and Hitomi... and then with some other friends back in elementary school. But Hitomi's always too busy to have them these days... How many have you had?"

Homura hesitated. She didn't wanna kill the fun mood of the sleepover, but she couldn't think of another response. "I wasn't allowed to have sleepovers... The hospital didn't let me go anywhere, and I didn't have any friends to have them with anyways." She flinched slightly, a knee-jerk response. She never liked telling people this. It seemed embarrassing.

"Wait, so this is your first one? It really is sad that you never got to have them with anyone else... but there's a first time for everything, and I'm gonna personally make sure that me and you have the best sleepover ever!" She turned on her laptop and started playing the Cinnamoroll movie. It was very cutesy.

Both of them fell quiet, watching the movie as it went on. Homura didn't really understand the appeal, but seeing Madoka get so excited over it made it perfect in her mind.

"I'm starting to get cold..." she said. "Homura-chan, can I get under your blanket?"

Homura handed the blanket to Madoka without thinking of it, at first. Her instant reaction was to completely give her the blanket.

"Hey, I'm not letting you go cold just because of me!" Madoka objected. She put the blanket over Homura again, snuggling up to her. "You're warm."

Homura's entire face flushed, and she became instantly unable to focus on the movie. She found Madoka to be very comforting, but at the same time... did she even realize what she was doing? She had to, right? Could she hear Homura's heart racing?

20 minutes passed by, and Homura eventually started to fall asleep. The cute and comforting movie combined with her very best friend (see: crush) made it easy to relax. Her anxieties washed away and she fell into a slumber. She dreamed of clouds against a blue sky, and she dreamed of Madoka.

the end :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: OMGG ok so i think i did pretty well for my first fanfic! I mean it was pretty good, right? it was wayyy fluffier than i expected but i still think i did well! plz be BRUTALLY honest so that i can improve