I Made Sure I Held You Close To Me

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Zenitsu scans through the shelves, narrowing his eyes. The boy huffs, trying to reach one on the top. He looks over at Uzui, who's dragging his eyes along the page. Zenitsu runs over to him, grabbing his wrist. Uzui quickly puts his book down, making a noise.

"Help me," he points to a book on the top shelf. Uzui glances down at him, a glare in his eyes. Zenitsu flinches his hand back.
"S-sorry," he bows. "I'll just choose another book..." he sprints to the other end of the library, hiding behind one of the bookcases. He made Uzui angry. He interrupted him reading a book, and now Uzui's angry. Zenitsu feels his eyes stinging. Uzui holds a book in front of him. He jumps.

How can a guy that big move so silently?!

"You wanted me to get this?" Zenitsu looks at the book. He grabs it with shaking hands.

"Y-yes, thank you." He blushes and stands up straight. Uzui stays still, watching him. Zenitsu peeks up at him. "Is-is something wrong?" Uzui shakes his head, making Zenitsu blink a few times.
"U-um, okay." Zenitsu bows and rushes to sit down, Uzui following him like a dog. It makes him incredibly uncomfortable.
"Zenitsu," the blond jerks, book slipping out of his hands. He turns around, a blush coving his face. "My bad," Zenitsu tries not to laugh. Hearing Uzui use such casual words is funny.

Zenitsu tilts his head, looking at him with big doe eyes. "I'm having a meeting, so I won't be able to be with you tomorrow." The blond frowns, picking up his fallen book. He shakes his head, smiling.

"That's okay." Uzui hates that damn fake smile. "Um, who will be there in your place?"

"Rengoku Kyojurou," he nods. "He was with me when we first met." Zenitsu blushes, thinking back to that. He remembers how Uzui looked at him. How scary...

"Ah, I see," He puts a hand on his chin, furrowing his eyebrows in deep thought. He gasps, making Uzui jump. "Do you know how to use a bow and arrow?"

"I do, but I'm not very good at it." Zenitsu smiles.

"Can I teach you?" Uzui's eyes go wide. Zenitsu knows how to use one? He nods his head, already getting dragged away.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Zenitsu and Uzui walk through the hallway, finally coming to a door that leads to an outdoor area. There's a rack of weapons, bows, and arrows included. Zenitsu leads him to a part where there are targets.

"Do you do this often?" Uzui asks, breaking the silence.

"Not really," he laughs. "Jii-chan saw me practicing archery once." He smiles and turns around. "If he saw me now, I would never hear the end of it."

Zenitsu looks at the rack of bows, choosing carefully. He picks out some arrows, handing some to Uzui.

"I'll show you first." He slides on a finger guard, flexing his middle finger. "Sometimes you need an armguard, too, so you don't hurt your forearm. Sometimes, for people who are beginners, they use incorrect form, and the bowstring hits them." Uzui nods, amazed that Zenitsu knows about all this stuff.

Zenitsu's eyes fixate as he grasps the bow handle and stretches back the bowstring. His elbow elevates as his back straightens. He narrows his eyes, locking in on his target. He releases his grip on the bowstring. Bullseye .