Pity Party 💕

Hi! This is exciting. Ive never really invested in fluff other than reading it so here we go! It's a bit angsty at first bc Taka is a lonely guy but then it get's fluffy. I hope you guys enjoy!!
Also if you're interested in smutshots please go check out my other book!

Today was August 31st! Kiyotaka Ishimaru's birthday. He was turning sixteen today. Of course, since he wasnt a little kid he decided not to have parties anymore. Actually, he decided to stop throwing parties at year seven. No one would ever show other than his dad's friends or family. He'd invite his class, trying to make friends and all of them would ditch on him. Eventually he just gave up.

Not this year though. This year he was going to try again. He still didnt have any friends but that wasnt going to stop him. It was his sixteenth birthday after all and he had already gotten the supplies the day before. All he had to do now was invite his classmates.

———

Kiyotaka woke up when his alarm went off. He turned it off with a groan and sat up, cupping his hands over his face and using force to pull them back down. He had barely slept due to being really nervous. Soon he remembered it was his birthday and got excited. He got up and quickly got ready for school. Afterwards he went down to meet his father for breakfast.

"Good morning, birthday boy!" His dad grinned, obviously busy with breakfast.

Taakaki quickly finished up cooking and served it to his son. It was white rice and grilled fish.

"It isn't a lot but I wanted it to be nicer than usual for you birthday. So, Happy Birthday!" He presented the dishes to Kiyotaka, put them on the table, and gave his son a hug.

"Thank you father. Im so grateful you're doing this for me but you really didn't have to." The boy hugged back, dipping his head when they broke it.

"No. Don't say such a thing. What kind of father would I be if I didn't do anything special for my only son's sixteenth birthday?" He patted the prefect's shoulder, "Now, eat before it gets cold."

"Yes sir." Kiyotaka and his father then sat and ate together. He still had about twenty minutes before he had to leave so he started to talk to his dad about how excited he was.

"I know I said I was excited..but I'm also so nervous."

"Why are you nervous? I thought your classmates liked you. If you change your mind I'll take everything back to the store." Taakaki was worried no one would show up. He was sure his son wasn't lying to him but he knew Kiyotaka was likely to be misinformed and think that people actually cared for him.

Kiyotaka, on the other hand, lied and knew he didn't have friends. He didn't want his father to pity him.

"No! No! Not at all! Sorry for raising my voice...but I don't want to cancel. I don't want to be alone."

"Im sorry I cant be there, bud. Being an officer is rough, you know that." The man ruffled his son's hair and cleaned up the table.

"I know.." He wasn't upset at his dad, it wasn't his fault. But still, it hurt knowing his dad had to go work instead of spending time with him like they usually do on his birthday.

Kiyotaka glanced at the time and got up as well. He patted his uniform and put his hair back into place. "I have to go now, I love you."

"Alright, I'll see you tonight. I love you too, birthday boy."

Kiyotaka grabbed his bag, along with his invitations, and left the house to walk to school. Like usual, he got there early and started to hand out his fliers to his classmates as soon as he saw them.